Last-O-Lobsters! Wednesday Night Dive!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Never heard of rock lobster... do they actualy exist or are you guys making somthing up

I thought I made it up... but then I came across this tid-bit. :rofl3:

From Wikipedia:

"Rock Lobster" is The B-52's' first single, released in 1978 and in a longer version placed on the band's self-titled debut album, The B-52's, one year later. It has become one of their signature tunes, and it helped launch the band's success. "Rock Lobster" was the band's first single to appear on Billboard's Hot 100.

The album version of "Rock Lobster" (released in 1979) clocks in at about seven minutes and contains superficially nonsensical lyrics about a beach party and excited rants about real or imagined marine animals ("There goes a dog-fish, chased by a cat-fish, in flew a sea robin, watch out for that piranha, there goes a narwhal, here comes a bikini whale!"), accompanied by absurd, fictional noises attributed to them; the chorus consists of the words "Rock lobster!" repeated over and over.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
:rofl3:

:rofl3: What is the chance of somthing actualy existing that you thought you made up. i knew there was the spiney lobster and maine lobster never heard of rock lobster. but i guess they do exist in another foum

Alot of people call slipper lobster "rock lobster" around here. Yeah, i wasnt paying attention to the forum. Just saw end of season and went "wait a minute, that cant be right." My bad guys, guess I should slide on back to my own neck o'the woods! later.

And no, we dont have it EASY we just have SO MANY lobster here and they get so big the state figures they'll give us more time and some tools to catch em!

And no, we dont have it EASY we just have SO MANY lobster here and they get so big the state figures they'll give us more time and some tools to catch em!

and tools! Must be nice you guys dont even have to touch them if you dont want to... does your DFG. come and cook them for you too:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Web35LobsterTools.JPG

I know how you guys do it out there:D

Alot of people call slipper lobster "rock lobster" around here. Yeah, i wasnt paying attention to the forum. Just saw end of season and went "wait a minute, that cant be right." My bad guys, guess I should slide on back to my own neck o'the woods! later.

See, there is such a thing as "Rock Lobster" and it's not just a song from the late 70s!
Cheers fldiver! :D

so there is but what the chance of that happning.

The guy in the pic is working WAY TOO HARD!! I just use a spring loaded snare around the tail. Pull the trigger and *thwack* DINNER!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom