Last minute trip for Dec- Inexperienced diver Need your suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not fussy eater, particular about safety though. I have been sick eating from third world cafe's and restaurants whilst on dive trips. No fun. Food safer on resort. I am not a fan of kids running around everywhere either.
Have you ever been to Cozumel? Ok, your profile says that you've dived there, but I wonder if you ever got into town? Kids are not running amok, and the dining is quite safe.

Make sure you do the Devils Throat.
Who are you talking to?! It's a boring dive in my opinion, but certainly not for the newbie who started this thread.

Of course we all go to dive, but we have to eat. And I have eaten very well in town.
I think there might be a higher chance of getting sick at an AI than some of the restaurants in town.
Yeah, really. At the AI I mentioned have the misfortune to endure earlier, where flies were all over the outdoor buffet, another meal I walked back in the kitchen - as I will do at any restaurateur anywhere as I feel I have a right to inspect such areas preparing my food. No cooking done there. The building had a kitchen in case of ownership changes, but the food was trucked in from elsewhere - gawd know where?

I've eaten in quite a few different spots in San Miguel, some of them didn't have any other Americans in them at the time. The food was always good and none of us (11 people on one trip) got a food borne illness. I'm looking forward to the next trip to Coz for the diving, the food, and the people.
No, it doesn't happen in Coz. They may charge tourists more than eating where I live, but they do protect the cash cows.

I can't say the same for Loreto. It's a cool town and and diving in the Sea of Cortez is really cool but it's best to have medications to handle intestinal upset. I always bring stuff like that when I travel anyway. You never know. The worst problem I ever had was in Berchtesgaden, Germany.

The worst problem I ever had was in Berchtesgaden, Germany.
I had a horrible hit in Los Alamos NM, near the bomb factory.

that can be a symptom of excessive neutron radiation exposure, be careful!
Use a Tricorder, it tests O2, CO and Neutron radiation.

download.jpg

Use a Tricorder, it tests O2, CO and Neutron radiation.

View attachment 388012

Get the upgraded model that includes a coffee maker so you wont have to pick up a new one each trip.

Newbie will not dive Devils Throat twice. Don't need too. Had to be done seeing as I was in the area.

Last edited:
An inexperienced diver who has a total of 15 dives, hasn't been diving in 1 1/2 years, is considering a private DM and your advise is "Make sure you do the Devils Throat"??? Have you been drinking?
Oh, I'm not sure how to post on here, I was sending( or at least I thought I was) message to another person. Oops. My bad.

An inexperienced diver who has a total of 15 dives, hasn't been diving in 1 1/2 years, is considering a private DM and your advise is "Make sure you do the Devils Throat"??? Have you been drinking?
Hey, my post was guided at mickeycanuk who is in Coz. OK?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom