Last minute trip for Dec- Inexperienced diver Need your suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, there wouldn't be a lot of places to eat down the street if you stay at the Allegra. I'm not an AI kinda gal (heck, I am a fussy foodie) but different strokes for different folks.
I go to dive not eat..

Nothing like bellying up to a buffet with 500 of your closest Gringo friends before they hit the beach or pool to oil up and turn like hot dogs on a 7-eleven roller grill all day under the sun... They make cruise ships for that. Obviously, I'm not a fan of AI's which are just land-based cruise ships in my opinion but to each his own.
Not fussy eater, particular about safety though. I have been sick eating from third world cafe's and restaurants whilst on dive trips. No fun. Food safer on resort. I am not a fan of kids running around everywhere either.

An inexperienced diver who has a total of 15 dives, hasn't been diving in 1 1/2 years, is considering a private DM and your advise is "Make sure you do the Devils Throat"??? Have you been drinking?

I was thinking the same thing.

I was thinking the same thing.

And in his prior post he stated that he is "Particular about safety though" with regard to the food a restaurant may serve outside his all-inclusive compound. Last time I checked, "death by food poisoning" resides at about risk #999 out of 1000 risks to be considered on a dive vacation. Risk #1000 is the plane crashes!

Of course we all go to dive, but we have to eat. And I have eaten very well in town.
I think there might be a higher chance of getting sick at an AI than some of the restaurants in town.

Just watching the 300lb club belly up to an endless AI feeding trough every 4 hours is enough to make me feel sick. YMMV

I've eaten in quite a few different spots in San Miguel, some of them didn't have any other Americans in them at the time. The food was always good and none of us (11 people on one trip) got a food borne illness. I'm looking forward to the next trip to Coz for the diving, the food, and the people.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom