(Large dive party!) Dive outfits? Pick up from El Cozumeleno? Advice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dove off Falicity two weeks ago. Very nice clean fast boat. Aldora uses 120 tanks, not 80's so your dives are usually longer. Also they dont end the dive when the first person is low on air. They evaluate your skills and will let you and your buddy dive your limits if conditiions permit. They also have nice warm terry robes for after your dive. If you want, they will store, clean and setup your gear. My gear is always clean and dry and never a salty taste to my regs. Although I always check my setup, I have never found a problem with the way my gear was treated. I believe the guides are all instructors not just dm's. The boats have always been on time and well maintained.

:confined: Get out of the jar!

Albatross and Aldora would both be excellent choices. You might also contact Freddy at Mestizo Divers since they also use the northern marina and he has a large, fast boat.

You should email Ocean Tours/Scuba Du, since it's the most convenient option for guests at the El Coz. I used them for a charter and they were awesome -- we had our own boat, every special request was met and the group had great diving.

If the company prefers to taxi you from the El Coz to the boat at the Presidente, they arrange the taxi and pay the fare -- both ways. They don't ask divers to meet them at a marina. This is a first class operation -- wedding worthy -- so give them a chance to tell you what they can do for you!

Wow- thanks for all the great input and well wishes. I'll have to look further into Scuba Du/OT on your recommendations, as well as the Aldora and the others who keep their boats in the North marina.
So which are the must-dive sites above 60' we can take our party to who aren't comfortable with the deep dives?

Wow- thanks for all the great input and well wishes. I'll have to look further into Scuba Du/OT on your recommendations, as well as the Aldora and the others who keep their boats in the North marina.
So which are the must-dive sites above 60' we can take our party to who aren't comfortable with the deep dives?
How many days are you planning on diving? If you're going to keep your group together, what would you do with the shallow divers when the others went deeper?

By the third day, you'd all be doing 100+ ft really, I think.

I'm curious on how good of deal you can get on a large, fast boat chartered for a small, private group as you work it out...??

In clear water depth doesn't seem obvious without looking at your gauge, so many that don't think they want to go deep end up doing it comfortably. That said Colombia Shallows heads my list, but there are so many I like I just go where the boat takes me & have a good time.

We have stayed at El Coz several times, and each time we used the on site op, Scuba Du. We had 6 divers, so we had our own boat (with cover) that picked us up at our own pier every morning. They had our gear on board, or it was delivered promptly (after being cleaned and rinsed daily by the op) and we had wonderful dives. As nice as this was, the best thing about them is the convenience and the way that they handle any issues, including cancellations due to someone feeling sick. They refunded every dime, cheerfully and without hassle. This happened on two different trips, so it is evidently their policy to keep the tourists happy, and keep them recommending Scuba Du. There are many great dive ops on Coz, but when staying so far north (next to last resort, I think) it is extremely convenient to dive with the on-site op. Good luck, you'll have a blast no matter who you choose!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom