DC that pick-up at El Cantil

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So Palancar is no longer free???

They charge for beach chairs but tables were free if you ordered food or beverage or did they change?

We can always stop ashore as needed, you just need to ask our Captian. But the stop would not be for 60 minutes. You get about 20-30 minutes or so and then the boats need to motor to the upcoming divesite.

Most beach clubs charge for toilet use nowadays. You also are not permitted to use their beach chairs or other facilities without payment.

From what I see out there, no boats are doing shore stays on surface intervals. The old days of all the shops gathering at the piers is gone thanks to all piers now charging fees.

If anyone has their dive op RECENTLY going to shore for surface intervals, please correct me or let us know where they port into. Thanks.

I contacted Deep Blue and according to them, they now do the SI on shore about a 3rd of the time. (Depends on the dive plans) When they shore SI, it's at Paradise Beach Club. Paradise doesn't charge for the bathrooms, but you have to make a purchase to use the chairs or other facilities. Same with a lunch drop, which they do at Paradise or Money Bar, depending.

The other change which is new to me: They don't leave from downtown anymore. They, like others, have you meet at the shop and they get you to the marina at their expense if you are staying downtown or north of downtown. (the square/malecon/whatever). If you're staying at a beachfront hotel between downtown and the south marina, they will still pick you up and drop you off at your hotel's pier. Same with anyplace south of the marina, of course.

Do you know what the charge is at the conch pier? Last I was there, there were no facilities but I understand that it's been developed and that there is some kind of charge.

Both Bottom Time Divers and Living Underwater have picked me up there and both do surface intervals at beach clubs. BTD uses aluminum tanks and LU uses steel. Both are smaller ops. I'd think that the aluminum tanks would be better for your son though.

Both Bottom Time Divers and Living Underwater have picked me up there and both do surface intervals at beach clubs. BTD uses aluminum tanks and LU uses steel. Both are smaller ops. I'd think that the aluminum tanks would be better for your son though.
They are probably better for me too ha ha. Honestly he did better than me getting himself and all his equipment up the ladder, out of the ocean on our last dive. He’s not the typical size for a 10-year-old. Size 10 mens shoe And tall. I’m sure he’s in better shape than me! Football practice and games at least 10 hours a week. Like I said probably easier for me!

I did contact bottom time drivers as well. I just need to make a decision and stop over thinking everything!

Back
Top Bottom