Lake Pleasant conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shark.byte.usa:
I overslept and missed my dive this morning

Why doesn't this surprise me... :wink:

but my buddy reports: 20' viz and too warm for a 7mm farmer john w/hood in the area of Scorpion Bay (entering and exiting from the sandbar).

Too warm for a 7mm?!? Did he get a temp? That's a little too subjective for me. I pulled the dry suit out of storage after our last weekend there! :D

Just got back from California diving off of Catalina. Viz 50 feet or so, water temp in the 62-64 range on the surface and dropping down to about 60 in 50 feet of water. Don't advise California this time of year without a dry suit or 6-7mm wet suit.:no

Dive-aholic:
Why doesn't this surprise me... :wink:
Hey Buddy! Watch It! There are two types of people, those who get up in the morning and those who go to bed in the morning, I'm the latter, and too my credit, it's rare that I miss a dive because of it! I'll never be a morning person, I've tried...:wink:
Dive-aholic:
Too warm for a 7mm?!? Did he get a temp? That's a little too subjective for me. I pulled the dry suit out of storage after our last weekend there! :D
Probably still around 66F, but he had 14mm on his core (farmer john), and he dives the lake regularly so if the temp is slowly creeping down and you all of a sudden throw on another 7mm, yes it could get too warm. It's all relative...You drysuit damsels :D

-Garrett

Can you dive scorpion bay now???? Is the water level up enough??? I am planing to dive the day after thanksgiving and wondering if it would be good there???

Reef Man:
Can you dive scorpion bay now???? Is the water level up enough??? I am planing to dive the day after thanksgiving and wondering if it would be good there???
I'll bet by Thanksgiving there will be a suitable entry/exit point. Have fun -Garrett

shark.byte.usa:
Hey Buddy! Watch It! There are two types of people, those who get up in the morning and those who go to bed in the morning, I'm the latter, and too my credit, it's rare that I miss a dive because of it! I'll never be a morning person, I've tried...:wink:

I hear ya. That's why I work night shift. :D

Probably still around 66F, but he had 14mm on his core (farmer john), and he dives the lake regularly so if the temp is slowly creeping down and you all of a sudden throw on another 7mm, yes it could get too warm. It's all relative...You drysuit damsels :D

-Garrett

Okay, I got rid of my 2 pc awhile ago. The most I get out of my 7mm now is 10mm with a hooded vest or 3mm shortie underneath it. And that gets cold in 68 deg water after about an hour.

Reef Man:

According to G&F, as of 11/3 the water level was 33' down. The level has to be at about 25' for entry and exit to be possible at Scorpion. We're almost there!

Andres, you're back! Where've you been? I'm in San Diego right now. Although, conditions aren't that great. Pleasant would be better right now! We'll be at Pleasant next weekend doing a Rescue class, so not much time for diving. Although, if you want to come out for a night dive on Saturday the 18th, I'm game. Not sure where we'll be...probably somewhere along Desert Tortoise. I don't think Scorpion will be ready for another few weeks. We'll also be out there the 1st and 3rd weekends of December if you want to come out and dive then.

Hey Rob, Thanks for the reply,
Men!! I have been buried on work, cooking like crazy, I get to take a breath this Sunday and Monday so I would really like to blow some bubbles at the lake. Next weekend is going to be difficult for me to get out there, however, if I can make it, I'll let you know.
I read you guys had a blast at the old dam, I wish I could have been there. Maybe next time.
See you soon
Andres

Back
Top Bottom