Lake Pleasant conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lake Pleasant was crowded this weekend! But we still got some good dives in. Sunday we had 25-30' of visibility at Scorpion Bay - the best I've seen! Water temp was 62 degrees from surface to 20', then dropped to 58 degrees. I actually dove wet this weekend, but the 90 degree air temp helped that out. Conditions to 65' were pretty decent on Sunday. Saw quite a few fish in the area.

Monday was a different story. The thermocline was at 12' and it was milky below 40'. Also didn't see as many fish. Had some good dives.

For a more detailed report, check out my web site.

Eric, Saguaro is zero visibility, and so are the other East side lakes. The only lake worth diving in the valley right now is Pleasant.

Dove Sunday.. Easter. At Vista Point. Water was 60 at the suface and down to about 55 at 40 ft.

The water was pretty clear, vis about 15 ft or so. There was "stuff" in the water.. looked like the eggs in egg drop soup. Kinda like a snow of it. It didnt wreck vis. but you could always see it there.

Jeff

namabiru:
Yeah, only because I cowed you into diving wet.

(singing) dive-aholic's 'fraid of a girrrrllll.... dive-aholic's 'fraid of a girrrrllll...

T'is interesting how the thermocline rose like that. During the weekend, wasn't it at about 20'?

Yeah, yeah, yeah. You're just jealous cuz you don't have a drysuit... :D

I've seen the thermocline do that there and at Mohave before. My best guess is that they are doing something with the dam and the water movement is causing the thermocline to move.

Jeff, we had the snow stuff over at Scorpion Bay, too.

Dive-aholic:
Eric, Saguaro is zero visibility, and so are the other East side lakes. The only lake worth diving in the valley right now is Pleasant.

Thanks for the info. We will try to dive at scorpion bay (first time there) if it is still open. If you see a curly headed guy there that you don't know, it's probobly me, so say hi.

Eric

Dove Scoorpion bay with Howard today. As this was our first time at that spot we dove the wrong part on the first dive. For the second dive we got it figured out and had a great dive. Viz wasn't bad for pleasant, about 15-20 ft, water temp at 63 deg with the thermcline at 39 ft. Lots of "particulates" floating around. Not as many fish as we had hoped for. Hope to meet all of you soon!
Eric

Water temperature was still 62 degrees this past weekend. The thermocline was at about 46', and it was cold below that 'cline! Visibility is already starting to get worse. It was down to about 10' this weekend with lots of green sediment in the water. We still have some good dives and saw quite a few fish on the night dives. It's probably the last time I'll have the chance to dive Scorpion Bay, though. It was good while it lasted.

Back
Top Bottom