Lake Pleasant conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, but we all know about you.... :D

Dove Desert Tortoise Road this morning.

Water Temp: 66 Oceanic Degrees / 64 Suunto Degrees
Visibility: 10ish Feet above 25 Feet. Less down to 35 Feet. A foot or so below 35 feet.

Don't know if they started pulling from the lake yet or not, but it did look a little lower. I spoke with someone from the Sherriff's dept yesterday and he eluded to the fact that they are not expecting them to pull the lake down as far as previous years. Have no idea to that rumor's validity, but thought it was worth mentioning.

Saw a school of Perch around 30 feet around the backside of the first island. Didn't see many bass today.

Ran into Big Mike and Tall Bob. It looks like Mike has taken up Hiking and Mountain Climbing. Guess you had to be there. :D

Have a great (safe) weekend diving!!!!!

/////

Two dives at Scorpion Bay this morning. Visibility was in the 10 to 15 foot range at 30-40 feet. Below 40 feet the vis was awful, like one or two feet at some points. Kind of odd to see the murky stuff just hovering over the bottom. The thermocline was around 35-40. Low 60's above it, high 50's beneath. Surface temperature was 79; air temperature was 90.

scubajcf:
Saw a school of Perch around 30 feet around the backside of the first island. Didn't see many bass today.

Errr!

Taint no perch in that lake ya dang easterner.

Ditto's with AzAtty...Not to bad.... saw a few small bass, a fairly large catfish and a couple bass.... Didn't see those perch though!!! :wink:

Stephen Ash:
Errr!

Taint no perch in that lake ya dang easterner.

Specifically, a small school of Yellow Perch .... First time, I've seen 'em in the lake too.

jcf

scubajcf:
Specifically, a small school of Yellow Perch .... First time, I've seen 'em in the lake too.

jcf

First time... anyone has seen 'em, I bet. Especially, see-ins how they are pretty much only found in the cold, weed-filled Stoneman Lake where G & F actively stocks them. Finding them in a central reservoir would be... uh... amazing!

Maybe, they were John's Perch.

I suggest a change in Stephen's title from "hogarthian" to "Budding Icthyologist." Or maybe "Professor of Perch."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom