Lake Pleasant conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you should let the county know about those perch... according to the county website.....

The Arizona Game and Fish Commission began to stock fish in Lake Pleasant Regional Park after the building of the main dam and completion of the diversion dam. To date, Lake Pleasant is home to 12 species of fish:

White Bass
Striped Bass
Large Mouth Bass
Bluegill
White Crappie
Black Crappie
Bigmouth Buffalo Fish
Channel Catfish
Flathead Catfish
Green Sunfish
Redear Sunfish
Talapia

Thanks guys ... I stand corrected.
Whatever it was, there were a lot of them.

////

not on that chart.... only Saguaro

In case anyone gets the desire to go diving today, a couple of us will be up at Scorpion Bay around 10-ish or so.

the only "schools" of fish I've seen at the lake are bluegill & green sunfish. That is an incomplete list though as the 2007 & 2008 Fishing regs definitely mentions Carp in Lake Pleasant, and I've seen them and have (crappy) video here, similar to a buffalofish, but I'm certain this is a carp because the face is more pointed than the buffalofish. Compare here

-Garrett

shark.byte.usa:
the only "schools" of fish I've seen at the lake are bluegill & green sunfish. That is an incomplete list though as the 2007 & 2008 Fishing regs definitely mentions Carp in Lake Pleasant, and I've seen them and have (crappy) video here, similar to a buffalofish, but I'm certain this is a carp because the face is more pointed than the buffalofish. Compare here

-Garrett

We don't talk about the carp!

Schooling fish in Pleasant...

Crappie
Whites
Largemouth
Stripers
Panfish (Blue Gills, red ears, etc.)

I guess you would have to include the shad, too.

What you won't find there... that we have other places...

Walleyes, trout, pike, smallmouth

... and Perch.

this is what the AZ forum has come to? debating perch? maybe we should get a thread going about local dive shops to wake everyone up... Garrett, perhaps you could start something (again)?

John started it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom