Lake Ouachita Road Trip (Oct 3/4)

Are you comin' with us, or gonna stick around the house and do your chores? LOL!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Woo! Hoo! I had a blast meeting all of the Austin Swampers! Great group of folks! We all had a blast! Can't wait to do it again. Sign me up.

If I listed all the equipment issues, failures and other idiot things I did to myself I'd be in trouble here with the lurkers, thread jumpers and Scuba Protocol Enforcement Patrol for the next 6 months :D

But what the heck, here is a partial list.
I forgot to bring my hood.
I lost my buddy seconds after we entered the water.
I had an out of air thing at about 30 feet...so I got to use my pony bottle and then do the valve drill I usually do before I get in the water. (you got to turn that darn valve on your main tank on all the way you know)
I did the rest of the dive solo wearing split fins.

Next dive ~
On my recently serviced Regulator the center of my second stage purge just punched out when I pressed it and so I opened it up and replaced it. I should have also put the diaphragm back in too when I assembled it again and that would have made it flow air instead of water when I tried to dive with it later.:rofl3:
I then broke a fin strap. Both the Regulator and fin strap service were perform while floating chest deep in water wearing 7 mm Henderson gloves. :crafty:
The dive went great after that.

The next day~
Dive one I went deeper then the SPEP Officers told me I was ever allowed to go without additional badges and bribes. That's not an idiot thing to me but they don't like it.

Dive two I did Solo wearing split fins. ( do you detect a trend ?)

Though it was fresh out of passing Hydro testing, the dive shop would not air fill one of my tanks because they said it had a few scratches on the side they didn't like.

The Bones warned of surprises. They also told of grand and beautiful underwater vistas, good food, friends and long life in abundance.

The Bones never lie....

Soon , the Crows Feet will be added to the bag of Bones :wink:

Last edited:
The Bones warned of surprises. They also told of grand and beautiful underwater vistas, good food, friends and long life in abundance.

The Bones never lie....

Soon , the Crows Feet will be added to the bag of Bones :wink:

The Crows Feet should represent the talons of evil trees awaiting unprepared divers.....:D Should they land in the proposed path of properous diving, caution should be taken....:rofl3::rofl3:

had a blast... even with K-Valves hex of traffic jams.....

I attached a handful of picts. I'll take one of the crystals and post them tonight or tomorrow.

Attachments

• Marina.jpg
    Marina.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 50
  • LakeOuachita1.jpg
    LakeOuachita1.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 56
  • TonyFrankMikeBoat.jpg
    TonyFrankMikeBoat.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 53
  • FrankJohnRCharlie1stDive.jpg
    FrankJohnRCharlie1stDive.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 55
  • LayneGenaBoat.jpg
    LayneGenaBoat.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 54
  • JohnLayneBrandonBoat.jpg
    JohnLayneBrandonBoat.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 58
  • DonnaCharlieGenaJohnRBoat.jpg
    DonnaCharlieGenaJohnRBoat.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 57
  • LakeOuachita2.jpg
    LakeOuachita2.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 56
Lets hear some about the underwater experiences folks had!! John A those were sweet photo's, brings back memories of a wet weekend on the lake a few years back. Frank I don't believe as much time as we have dove together you having such issues! John A what was the deepest area you dove and found on the lake??

You guys are making the on lake portion of the trek sound like a bunch of Keystone Cops! I just don't believe it! :)

I did the rest of the dive solo wearing split fins.

Split fins?!?! You're going to die!

You guys are making the on lake portion of the trek sound like a bunch of Keystone Cops! I just don't believe it! :)

Believe it Alan! It was quite the weekend of misadventures for most everybody. Having said that, everyone dealt with all of the little, unexpected surprises and emergencies with competence and professionalism. And everyone had a good time with the adventure! :cool2:

Any info on temps and viz? I'm headed up there this weekend to get my boat and make a couple dives.

74 degrees on top..... Thermo. @ 40 feet .... it's a soft thermo.
48 degrees at 130 feet. some light down to 70 feet. you need your light on the way down but you could come up without it from about 80 feet on if you like twilight diving. ( I do )

Vis is good.... depends where you go 5-20 feet
some places a hazy 5 to 20 feet if you get my drift

Hmmmmm Key of A everybody... lets all sing a little song for Zinc...

I got a clothes washin' Woman.... I got a clothes washin' woman....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom