Lake Jocassee update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

just pulled my data from the computer.

12/11/10 -
160' was 45 degrees
125 was 46 degrees
surface was what ever the surface was..............

deco stops will be in 54-55 degrees

Viz is not bad as tony said.

Lake Jocasse dive shop is the only shop in the area that can do a decent o2 fill. If you really need it, they can turn on the Haskel pump but it will cost you as it burns so much air to run. I am sure you are used to getting 2300 psi fills of pure O2.

FYI unless I am missing something, make sure you have a boat planned to go out. The dive ramp is closed and your only way of getting out is with a boat. I do not think bill and LJK is currently planning on going out that day. Unsure exactly what your plans are.

Jimmy

Cheers Tony .. WOW !!! Decidedly warm and great vis then. :D

FYI ::: The SSI TXR (Technical course) has gone away from using the EAN 50 as a deco and moved towards EAN 30 and EAN 80.

Very interesting. I like seeing what other agencies are doing. In my TDI Deco procedures class, we used Air and O2.

Other agencies are using Trimix and two deco mixes (EAN50 and O2) to reach that depth.

I think he mentioned it was extended range right? Which would mean air Backgas. And yet another deep air discussion! Dah, Dah, Dah!

true, or helium. either way, you can get them all at bill's lake jocassee dive shop. Only shop i know that you can get trimix and even hypoxic mixtures. SWEET :errrr:

And at a good price too. :D

Just like to thank all the guys up at the Lake Jocassee Dive Shop.
Awesome diving with you on Monday.

It was great to get about 15' vis at 130' and have a temp of 48˚F on the wall.

Shame about the boat battery charging issue .. But thats all in the fun of the day. Not often you get to sit on a lake all alone on the sunny afternoon.:cool2:

Thanks again for being so helpful. See you guys later on this year when I fly back in from Belize. I am sure the guys from The Dive Shop at Marietta will be back soon.

Dave

Well I am finally convinced to get my dry suite cert . w/ Bill next month. going wet this time of year is really making me think real hard. I mite have a dry suite lined up to purchase . At the end of January .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom