Lake Jocassee update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I am finally convinced to get my dry suite cert . w/ Bill next month. going wet this time of year is really making me think real hard. I mite have a dry suite lined up to purchase . At the end of January .

I left the suit for you to try out at Lake Jocassee Dive Shop. Did you have any questions about it?

That is fine. So long as you are with Bill, I have no problem with that. I hope you like it. :wink:

That is fine. So long as you are with Bill, I have no problem with that. I hope you like it. :wink:

Yes it will only be with Bill for the class ,and as long as it fits me will.How well do the boots fit you (a little loos , little tite , just right)? I wear size nine shoes.

1-15-11
10:30AM
Depth: 45'
Total time: 29min
50F
Viz 15'

Shore dive. Ramp still not open. Nothing to see but sand.

I got in 2 dives yesterday (1/29/11 Sat.)I was there for my drysuit cert. that shur opened my eyes to diving dry . I realy liked that I stayed so much more wormer and at time I felt so much more ballanced and then ther was all the rest of the time , I realy sucked . I was all over the place I had a hard time with the venting the drysuit and keeping my feet from gettiung higher that my torso . I felt to new to diving . But with a lot more practus a will get this dialed in.

Jeremy how was the dive for you Sunday (did you get to do any diving ). congrats on the new job. Thank you agian for working with me on purchacing your drysuit

I did not dive today. I dived last Sunday at the Hot Hole. It was okay, but I love Jocassee so much more.

I plan to dive off Bill's boat on Saturday the 5th at the Wall. Anyone want to go? Dry would be recommended.

I plan to dive off Bill's boat on Saturday the 5th at the Wall. Anyone want to go? Dry would be recommended.

Hey Jeremy,

Sorry, but I can't dive this weekend because of work! I am planning on coming up again soon and hitting the ramps(If they get opened on time)for some more drysuit practice. Got to work out some issues with holding my stops better and readjusting my trim. :D

How soon until the water gets warm enough for wetsuit diving?

Depending on your tolerance to cold and what thickness wetsuit you have...now.

On average, Jocassee heats back up starting in mid-to-late April. I will start using my 3mm then, but I am rather tolerant of cold.

Back
Top Bottom