Lake Jocassee update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How soon until the water gets warm enough for wetsuit diving?

What thickness of wetsuit do you dive?

7 mil farmer john(14 mil total)now

5 mil May/June

3 mil July/August

This also depends on your tolerance of the cold water and the length of your dive!

These were my normals until I started diving dry two weeks ago!

On average, Jocassee heats back up starting in mid-to-late April. I will start using my 3mm then, but I am rather tolerant of cold.

Jeremy with that cold tolerance you should be able to go ice diving in my 7 mil farmer John!:rofl3:

I guess my dive buddies were not kidding when the called me a cold water sissy!:D

Finally after 3 winters of diving in 45*-f water :cold:we came to our census and decided to go dry. Can't wait to go :goingdown:diving the 19th

hate to tell you this, i looked in the farmers almanac and they said the water temp will be 72 that day. You will sweet your ass off in a dry suit....... sorry!

Was that the 198o Farmers Almanac LOL:idk:
Tony should be just right. lol:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:
I really don't think the water temp will rise that fast

well, to try and help heat up the lake. I have been peeing in it EVERY chance I get. Your all welcome..............
:D

You might need to go get your "junk" checked! The water has been looking greener than usual this year!:popcorn:

:rofl3:

When you add yellow to blue your going to get green. :rofl3: Hay, you guys diving next Sunday? Can I go too? huh huh? :confused:
I was going this weekend but my cold has been hanging with me. I got a new computer 3 weeks ago and it has not been wet (the shame of it). Hopefully my cold will be gone by then. :coffee:

When you add yellow to blue your going to get green. :rofl3: Hay, you guys diving next Sunday? Can I go too? huh huh? :confused:
I was going this weekend but my cold has been hanging with me. I got a new computer 3 weeks ago and it has not been wet (the shame of it). Hopefully my cold will be gone by then. :coffee:

Tony and myself will be there Saturday the 19th. Get there early and do 3 dives

I'll check with wife/boss and see if she will let me trade my kitchen pass this week for next weekend.

Back
Top Bottom