Lake Jocassee update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When stuff happens, you might as well laugh. Crying dehydrates you and in addition to a burned coat, the crying could put you at a greater risk for DCS:rofl3: Dare I ask to whom the coat belonged?

There were many picture worthy moments on this trip but unfortunately my camera was on dry land!

It was some good diving in some cold :mooner:water.

'Fella's ... Just dove Dive Haven yesterday (Saturday 11th Dec.) Vis was 2ft, and temp @ 100ft was 45F, surface was 52F

Whats is temp and visibility like at L. Jocassee at the moment ???

Plans are a foot to dive L. Jocassee on the 20th/21st, to do dive 3 and 4 of my SSI Tech XR course. Can't wait.

Out of interest .... is there any facilities to fill EAN 30 and 80 there ???

Many thanks ..Dave Gower.

'Fella's ... Just dove Dive Haven yesterday (Saturday 11th Dec.) Vis was 2ft, and temp @ 100ft was 45F, surface was 52F

Plans are a foot to dive L. Jocassee on the 20th/21st, to do dive 3 and 4 of my SSI Tech XR course. Can't wait.

Out of interest .... is there any facilities to fill EAN 30 and 80 there ???

EAN 30 and 80? Yes: Lake Jocassee Dive Shop. They have EAN32 on tap and 02. Never used EAN80 for a tech dive.

Using aluminum tanks you won't get a full fill without a booster and this is likely the situation I'm assuming.

Well here is the dive report for Sat. 12/04/10

The viz was a little on the poor side from 10'-15' above the 85' depth. A lot of floating particals. Below 85' viz was really good 20'+!
The thermalcline was around 80'.

DIVE 1
Surface water temp:58*f
@ 61' water temp. was 57*f
@ 121' water temp was 48*f

Here is an edited/snipped part of a report from a little over a week ago!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom