Lake Jocassee update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got this from the Burmuda Triangle Dive Shop in Greenville, SC:

All Jocassee Divers read this notice from Devil’s Fork State Park.

ATTENTION ALL PARK GUESTS:
Devils Fork State Park will be closing the day-use (remote) boatramps from November 16 through January 31st for the annual stocking of trout into Lake Jocassee.
In an effort to increase the survival rates of trout being
introduced into Lake Jocassee, we are cooperating with the SC
Department of Natural Resources to limit vehicle traffic to the
day-use (remote) ramps, and to prevent the taking of undersized fish.
No vehicles or personnel other than park staff or DNR fish
stocking crews will be allowed in the remote ramp areas while
these remote boat ramps are closed. Fishing will not be allowed
in these areas from shore.
Thank you for your cooperation.

I called yesterday and confirmed. Stupid fish. I promise not to bother them. Maybe allow divers but no fisherman?:eyebrow:

No money, no boat ride...like me.

Wife will not approve the funding is not a valid argument for wet-suit over dry-suit.

Look on Ebay and you can find PLENTY of used dry-suits for cheap and then "funding" no longer becomes an issue. You don't have to go blow 800-2000 on a drysuit.
My wife's response is dive wet for now or don't dive. What should my arguement be to that? Her response to I am cold is don't dive. I think I will dive wet! :wink:Heck even drysuits leak! :shocked2:

What is your height and weight? I have an almost new (3 dives/no pee) all black Dacor with si-tech valves and extra heavy duty zipper, that I got as a closeout from Scuba toys for $400.00. The thing is, one would have to try it on as it's an "odd" fit.
It's easier for me to get it to Lake Jocassee than, say, New jersey (no car here).
Just a thought.
Dave
Thanks for the offer Dave! Sorry it took so long for me to respond but I have been extremely busy lately.After reading your response below I am thinking it might not fit me. I am 5' 11" and 183lbs! Plus my wife still will not approve the funds.:depressed:

Thanks, but it's not really a "nice" offer; I'm just trying to get back what I paid for it new. It's a great deal, I think, for someone who fits it. I'm 5' 11 (I like to think) and around 160 lbs. It's a little short and a bit wide for me, ie, it's a large/ medium.
The wide part I can handle but the short part might not be so good!:D Thanks again for the offer!

Maybe allow divers but no fisherman?:eyebrow:

Jeremy,
Check your PM box. I may be able to offer a solution.
Dave

Last edited:
In order to detract from the thread I am currently in Massachusetts and the water is colder here than in Jocassee for sure.

Any one going to brave the cold this week end. Tony and myself ar going to get in two dive off bill's heated boat. IT IS GOING TO BE COLD sAT. IN THE MID 40'S TO MID 50':cold:DRINK LOTS OF HOT COFFEE:coke:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom