Lake Jocassee update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

what size is it / or size person it will fit. sound like a great deal
allso I am 5' 5" tall 165-170 lb. 8.5 - 9 shoe

Mayyybe..............I should just bring around sometime if anyone is interested. We'd want to make sure the fit was good. Maybe I'll ship it to Asheville.

The water at the hot hole is warm indeed. It is a fun dive. It is shallow, but tons of fun. I has a circular current that will drift you back to the start. I like to get up on the concrete structure where the water shoots out from the nuke plant, watch it for a few and leap off into the flow. Lots of fish in the area.

And fishing line.:shocked2:

And fishing line.:shocked2:

Oh yes and fishing line. Sometimes that line is attached to a fisherman. Once when we were out there a fisherman caught a diver in a dry suit. Great place to practice being freed from stuff. As I recall the diver cut the line right away, but I think he held on to it for a bit and swam with it for fun to give the guys up top a better experience and a bigger fish story to tell about the one that got away. He did tell them once he was back on the surface and they had a good laugh.

Oh yes and fishing line. Sometimes that line is attached to a fisherman. Once when we were out there a fisherman caught a diver in a dry suit. Great place to practice being freed from stuff. As I recall the diver cut the line right away, but I think he held on to it for a bit and swam with it for fun to give the guys up top a better experience and a bigger fish story to tell about the one that got away. He did tell them once he was back on the surface and they had a good laugh.

Your sh$tin me right? Thats hilarious. But disturbing at the same time.

Your sh$tin me right? Thats hilarious. But disturbing at the same time.

No I am serious. The site is only about 40 feet deep. The fishermen and divers do their best to avoid one another as it is a small cove that both use. But sometimes stuff happens.

I think my favorite underwater mishap stories is when some guys found a deer head underwater and one of them got out to watch and the other swam shallow and popped head above water in front of some people, swam a bit and then had the head slowly go back down. Now that is just good clean fun! I am not sure what lake that happened in, but I laugh every time I think of it!

Back to the hot hole, my dive buddy and I got in the middle of a school of shad and it was like being in the middle of a giant firework burst. It was the coolest thing as they hovered around us. And of course it is great fun to jump on the underwater water slide/shoot.

I wish Duke didn't have the rule about only being able to access the water from a boat even though they allow people to access to fish and stand on the bank. That has always seemed crazy to me.

Now that Bill has curtains and heat on the boat, I might try to make it out there this winter. When I have gone before, I tried to watch for days when the air temps were warm. Once the weather turned on me and it was snowing while we were on the boat.

Got this from the Burmuda Triangle Dive Shop in Greenville, SC:

All Jocassee Divers read this notice from Devil’s Fork State Park.

ATTENTION ALL PARK GUESTS:
Devils Fork State Park will be closing the day-use (remote) boatramps from November 16 through January 31st for the annual stocking of trout into Lake Jocassee.
In an effort to increase the survival rates of trout being
introduced into Lake Jocassee, we are cooperating with the SC
Department of Natural Resources to limit vehicle traffic to the
day-use (remote) ramps, and to prevent the taking of undersized fish.
No vehicles or personnel other than park staff or DNR fish
stocking crews will be allowed in the remote ramp areas while
these remote boat ramps are closed. Fishing will not be allowed
in these areas from shore.
Thank you for your cooperation.

got this from the burmuda triangle dive shop in greenville, sc:

All jocassee divers read this notice from devil’s fork state park.

Attention all park guests:
Devils fork state park will be closing the day-use (remote) boatramps from november 16 through january 31st for the annual stocking of trout into lake jocassee.
In an effort to increase the survival rates of trout being
introduced into lake jocassee, we are cooperating with the sc
department of natural resources to limit vehicle traffic to the
day-use (remote) ramps, and to prevent the taking of undersized fish.
No vehicles or personnel other than park staff or dnr fish
stocking crews will be allowed in the remote ramp areas while
these remote boat ramps are closed. Fishing will not be allowed
in these areas from shore.
Thank you for your cooperation.

thank you for the information

Back
Top Bottom