Lake Jocassee update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any one going to brave the cold this week end. Tony and myself ar going to get in two dive off bill's heated boat. IT IS GOING TO BE COLD sAT. IN THE MID 40'S TO MID 50':cold:DRINK LOTS OF HOT COFFEE:coke:

Have fun, guys. I wish I could go, but I am kind of limited by. I recently lost my job, among other things. Anyone who prays, your prayers would be appreciated.

Well here is the dive report for Sat. 12/04/10

We had 3 Tech dives , 1 deep diver student, Bill, and Tony and my self
Weather was over cast , had some rain and was a ballmie 34*f
THANK GOD FOR A HEATED BOAT!!!!
Tony and my selfe was diving wet ,I think the student was wet

The viz was a little on the pore side from 10' to about the 85' depth the viz was around 8' and under. A lot of floating particals. Below the 85" viz was really good 20'+
The thermalcline was around 80'

DIVE 1
Surface water temp:58*f
@ 61" water temp. was 57*f
@ 121' water temp was 48*f

max depth was 121"
average depth was 55'

dive time was 47 minutes

Dive 2
water temps pritty much the same as dive 1

max depth was 106'
average depth was 51.7'

dive time was 40 minutes

A Thanks to Bill , Trip, Brandon . they are allwas good natured and greet you like an old friend

Last edited:
What is Bill using to heat the boat? What was the on boat temp?

Like Jimmy said a double burner ptopane heater the temp was in the hi 70's to mid 80's that is when we got requests to turn it off . the boat is compleatly inclosed w/ clear plastic with snaps to install and remove

You forgot to put that someone set his new coat on fire! So it was pretty warm on the boat!:rofl3:

I had to put that out there!:fire:

Back
Top Bottom