Lake Jocassee update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will be up there at around 9:30am. I want to get in around 3 dives. I will be bringing a friend.

I will be up there at around 9:30am. I want to get in around 3 dives. I will be bringing a friend.

See ya then

Going diving at the ramp on Sunday, I have been to the boat and skeletons, but which way do you go from there to the forest?

Going diving at the ramp on Sunday, I have been to the boat and skeletons, but which way do you go from there to the forest?
There is a boat just off the second platform that has a line that leads down to the forest . That is if I remember correctly

There were three lines that went to the forest, but basically anytime you head East you will hit the forest. One line was off of the skeletons, the other was off of the toliet, the other one is off of the boat which has the wheelchair in it.

The line which runs from the boat will take you to an airplane wing leaning against a tree and will quickly take you to ~130' (you can easily hit 150' in this area as well) and the water temp should be around 52 degrees. If you head along the line near the skeletons the line will take you less deep. I have been considering running a line which takes you through the forest and keeps you around 90-70 feet so you can stay warmer and less deep.

No line needed. Just maintain your depth about 85' (I prefer mid-tree rather than just tops), head East (about 60 degrees is better) after seeing the ski boat or airplane wing or the Bones family. Once you are in the trees, turn left (about 90 degrees) and cruise until you get to your comfort/experience/traning level as you approach deco. Nitrox is great for this dive. Generally when non-deco diving, I make the turn back to the West with about 8 min of no deco time. If you time things right you will run into the ledge at about 60-65' and can cruise it a bit before heading further West to the safety stop among the rocks and boulders.

Last edited:
Yeah, no skill development if you are always following a line. Learn to use a compass and blaze your own trails....

What he said, plus, the lines can be an entanglement hazard in low visibility.

edit: this is not to say we don't appreciate your enthusiasm. We do.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom