Lake Jocassee update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good to meet you and David this weekend - we all need to do some fun dives some time :D Sunday was much better than sat.

I got in 2 good dive today . My dive buddy for the day was David (alabamaexile)We stayed around the 60' limit . We got ther at 7:10am only 2 trucks w/boat trialers in the lot . We suited up and got in. I was surprised to see that the viz was so limited for being the first in the water for the day viz was around 10' to 15' got better as you got deeper. We seen lots of fish. lots of bass med, small and large ones. some catfish , Especially the inquisitve one the came over to us and swam around me and the ventured off. I showed David around around took him to the boanes family. Second dive I turned the dive over to David to leed and go were he wanted to. Sorry I didn't see you Jeremy ,onebaddago,diveprof.

Here is my dive data for the day

Dive 1: in the water 7:58am
surface temp 74*
at 60' 77*
viz: depth 5' to 30' was 10' to 15'
depth 40' to 60' opened up to 20'+
bottom time 50 minutes
max depth 61'
Dive 2: In the water at 10:03am
viz was a lot lower do to a lot of OW students
at 60' viz was like dive one
bottom time 47 minutes
surface temp. 79*
60' 77*
max depth 62'

Yes. it was nice to put a face to the Scuba Board name> We will have to work that out with avery one schedules . How did your star puple do ?

He did great... but was there any doubt since he did have the best instructors... :D

We are headed to Ginnie springs 9/11 if you and AE are interested.

Thank you for the invite . But Tony_web and myself are headed to Loch Low Minn on the 18,19 of Sept. and then in Aug. we are headed down to Ginnie Springs and Devils Den .A three day trip. Agian thank you for the invite Trixxie .

I will be at the ramp in the morning around 9:30am.

Three dives earlier today.
Dive 1: 113' 59F 20' viz... Nice dive in the trees. Getting cool for a 3mm
Dive 2: 55' 79F 12' viz... Practiced swimming gear from bottom with all air being dumped from BC pre-ascent and during ascent, returned and did OOA drills. My buddy no wants a long hose like me. Silly Air2s.
Dive 3: 33' 81F 7' viz... Leisure dive until three divers started "Riverdancing" on the silty bottom. What a sight. They just stood there looking at us as we hovered right by. Hmm no wonder the viz was shot.

three divers started "Riverdancing" on the silty bottom. What a sight. They just stood there looking at us as we hovered right by. Hmm no wonder the viz was shot.
:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

I bet they were wondering what you were looking at and why you were shaking your head.:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Oh, by the way it was not my fault today! I am in the north GA mountains.:D

I am glad you find the humor in the sight. One day we may get to dive together. I really want to head up for a dive here after work in a moment.

My buddy and I will be up at Jocassee on Friday(Sept 10th) for anyone who wants to come hang out on the boat ramp!

I think I will try some "Riverdancing" with my split fins on and my snorkel attached to the wrong side......I might actual use it(snorkel) as a prop like a cane instead! That should be interesting! :wink:

Oh yeah, its the first time I have been diving in three weeks. My gills are so excited they are hyperventilating with joy!:rofl3:

Last edited:
What time will you be up there?

Back
Top Bottom