Lake Jocassee update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, that sounds like it was a good dive. I knew Bill was saying late July or early August was the best time to dive the lodge. So were you a safety diver on that dive?
Yes, I was a safety diver. I was to be stationed and waiting at 180', but the group was ahead of schedule and I met them at 120'.

Did you help stage the bottles?
I ferried them back and forth as needed. Mostly I took used bottles back to the surface with me to alleviate stress.

How many people went down?
The first group was 4 and the second was three. I was one of three safety divers.

Did they get any good video or pics of it?
Not this time around. There were some issues with trim for the camera man.

Would consider sleeping in the park if anyone recommends it? Seems better than driving 3 hours in the morning. Will have to check my schedule.
The park is nice, but there do tend to be a lot of biting bugs if you have a campsite near the water. There are several places to stay in the area. The campground is nicer the cooler it gets.

The first group was 4 and the second was three. I was one of three safety divers.

Not this time around. There were some issues with trim for the camera man.

Thats cool, what was the total run time for the dives?

That stinks about the camera man's trim. Sounds like the vis was good for the dive if he had enough light!

I will PM you, as I would like here more details about the dive. If you don't mind sharing.

Anybody diving the boat ramp this weekend? I'm diving with OTW Saturday morning. I'm thinking about staying Saturday night. Diving the boat ramp on Saturday after lunch and a possible night dive.

I will be at the ramp from around 8:30-9:00am and then 12:30-1:30pm.

Maybe I will see you there > I will be there with Alabamaexile (David) Going to do 2 early dives I promised the wife I would come home early . She has plans for us .

Yes . Not as many as the sommer time but the water starts getting colder in mid to late january. I looked at my dive logs and checked I didn't have any dive at Jocassee that month put November the temps where in the 70's to 10' end mid to low 60's @ 54' AT THE WALL
January the temps where 60's to mid to lower 50's . 7MM TEMPS Off The Wall dive charters has a heated boat that makes the surface intervales nice .

Do many people dive Jocassee in November and December?

November is spotty at best.

December is slow.

January they close off the diver's ramp for fish stocking and "repairs."

February through March is usually to chilly for most wetsuit divers. Those with drysuits may be seen.

Back
Top Bottom