Lake Jocassee update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will not get off on Saturday until 1pm. I will head up to the lake after that.

I would love to have a Jocassee Shindig. We just need to finally set a day.

--Duplicate Post--

We had just reached the downline that was attached to a submerged buoy when a huge carp swam between Tony and me! He was in a hurry to get somewhere and caught both of us off guard. I think the carp's tail fin hit Tony's face and mask.
I almost had to clean my wetsuit after that one! That is the first time I have ever been slapped in the face by a fish's @$$!:rofl3:

saw the broke back bass. He seemed to be doing pretty good.
That just did not sound right! :confused:

I found a green rubber snake inside the junk. I saw Tony outside on the port side breaking clams to feed the blue gill. I took the opportunity to catch him off guard . I stuck the snake out the window and wiggled it just in front of him. It caught him off guard, he gave me the finger, and finished feeding the fish. .
To bad they don't have a icon for that or you would have another finger!:D

A group of 3 other divers bumped into me ass they where coming up .
:popcorn: :mooner:

thanks to my dive buddy Tony for another great weekend of diving .
It was fun! :kiss2: It was some nice diving with crappy vis! Thanks for dragging me along!

:rofl3:

I plan on diving the boat ramp on Saturday....any takers?

I will be up there around 2:30pm. If you are still there, I am up for a dive or two.

Two dives in today off the ramp:
1: Max depth of 79' temp varied around 77F at that depth. Viz was close to 20' by the shallow wing, could have been 25' easy.
2: Max depth of 94' around 73F. Again close to 25' viz at depth.
Shallower depths had viz about 10'.

The rain kept everyone but my brother and I away. Two good dives.

The rain kept everyone but my brother and I away. Two good dives.

Sounds like it was perfect!

I love it when it rains! If it rains hard enough, I like to roller on my back on the ramp and watch the water droplets enter the water on my safety stop. They make a really cool sound. (It almost puts me to sleep!:wink:)

Over the Lodge:

120' 57F viz 20', surface was 81F. The divers that went to the Lodge said that it was 50'-70' viz at 300' and around 45F.

Over the Lodge:

120' 57F viz 20', surface was 81F. The divers that went to the Lodge said that it was 50'-70' viz at 300' and around 45F.

Wow, that sounds like it was a good dive. I knew Bill was saying late July or early August was the best time to dive the lodge. So were you a safety diver on that dive? Did you help stage the bottles? How many people went down? Did they get any good video or pics of it?

Thanks for the info.

To the lodge huh. Bet they had fun. I did a check out dive for my adv nitrox deco class on the wall and had a great time. Would consider sleeping in the park if anyone recommends it? Seems better than driving 3 hours in the morning. Will have to check my schedule.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom