Labor day diving in Monterey?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brandon, Michelle

I very much want to dive on Saturday as I haven't been in the water since my free diving accident three weeks ago at Still Water Cove, Mendocino County.

I'm set up to dive with Daniel for M&G the following week but I don't have any dive buddies for this week.

I can only dive on Saturday during the day since the wife has family comming in Saturday night. Conditions don't look good but I think I don't mind driving down to Monterey and checking out the Aquarium if conditions are really bad.

I've been watching the live cam on the internet each day this week and the surge looks really rough, rougher than I've seen in the past.

However, with that being said it appears that it has calmed down substantially since Monday, King Triton might be welcomming his SCUBA children. Brandon, Michelle let me know if you guys will be around on Saturday.

MG

Mike, glad to see you're getting back in the water after being part of such a chilling experience.

I'm still planning on diving BW early Saturday with Robin, so as far as I know, that's still on if you're interested. We'll pray for calm seas.

We're planning to night dive the breakwater on Saturday. A daytime dive before that is still under discussion. We'll be going somewhere to dive Sunday as well, since it's our last available diving day here before we head back up north.

Brandon, Michelle

I very much want to dive on Saturday as I haven't been in the water since my free diving accident three weeks ago at Still Water Cove, Mendocino County.

I'm set up to dive with Daniel for M&G the following week but I don't have any dive buddies for this week.

I can only dive on Saturday during the day since the wife has family comming in Saturday night. Conditions don't look good but I think I don't mind driving down to Monterey and checking out the Aquarium if conditions are really bad.

I've been watching the live cam on the internet each day this week and the surge looks really rough, rougher than I've seen in the past.

However, with that being said it appears that it has calmed down substantially since Monday, King Triton might be welcomming his SCUBA children. Brandon, Michelle let me know if you guys will be around on Saturday.

MG

Im up for whatever/wherever on Saturday/Sunday assuming its do-able.

Lobos was great today with 40 ft vis outside the cove at Granite pt.... Scootering back in it seemed to deteriorate a bit but a great dive non the less.

Brandon, Michelle

MG

I'm assisting with a class on Sat in Novato, so I won't be diving until Mon. I hope you get to dive this weekend and I look forward to seeing/diving with you at the M&G.

I'm assisting with a class on Sat in Novato, so I won't be diving until Mon. I hope you get to dive this weekend and I look forward to seeing/diving with you at the M&G.

Thanks Michelle,

Brandon, lets see how tommorrows conditions look, that might give me an idea about Saturday. I've been wanting to try a new location and Monastery sounds like fun if conditions are good and it appears you have some experience there.

If not, I don't mind following your group to diveable spot.

MG

Ok folks. Ive just got back home and will be heading down in the morning. So far the plan is Joe, Kenn and Myself for sat. 8am at breakwater. PM me if you need to get my mobile.

Brandon and Mike are you guys going to be down there? Brandon how are the conditions-did you and Devin make it out today?

remind me where you are meeting again?

Today at lovers was pretty good. In about 30fsw the vis was near 40 feet. Small ammount of surge on the first dive no real waves. Second dive things picked up a little. More surge about 20 foot vis at the same depth and locations. The swells had picked upas had the wind. The forecast still doesn't look great but it came down a tad. This meetup at 9 tomorrow?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom