Labor day diving in Monterey?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's closer to met fields, but definitely a longer walk to the water/showers (especially in ludicrous dubs)

Actually, the difference in distance from the two ends of San Carlos beach to the
met fields is almost nothing.

Actually, the difference in distance from the two ends of San Carlos beach to the
met fields is almost nothing.

Nice to know (and having swam back to the east end to escape the surf I can definitely see the distance is miniscule). Going from the west end let us bypass a lot of kelp though.

Robin and Monday Divers,

I won't have access to a computer tomorrow afternoon as I make my way down, but I did rent a couple of tanks in advance so an 8:00 am meet will work for me. Shall we decide on a meet point?

-Kevin

Brandon, Kenn, Mike, & Joe. Thanks for meeting up today. Great set of dives. Today's photos have been put up here. Looking forward to hitting the beach again on Monday.

Brandon, Kenn, Mike, & Joe. Thanks for meeting up today. Great set of dives. Today's photos have been put up here. Looking forward to hitting the beach again on Monday.

Great pics Robin!

No drysuit but I'd still like to dive Mon. Any ideas where to meet?

They're catching on... but I'm not sure if they are really needed for single tanks... In doubles to set them down on the ground and trying to stand back up is asking for an injury...

Where can i get the AL ones? The Monterey Home Depot never has them. Id be willing to even re-imburse if someone can get them easily

Sorry guys, think I'm gonna have to cancel diving on Monday. Think I'd rather have an extra day to visit with my family. Catch you all next time.

Where can i get the AL ones? The Monterey Home Depot never has them. Id be willing to even re-imburse if someone can get them easily

Doh, I was just at Home Depot today. Wish I saw your post earlier. One advantage of the plastic legs is that they don't get that matte AL oxidation layer from salt water. Turns out I'll be diving tomorrow too, see you guys in the morning!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom