Labor day diving in Monterey?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rhlee and Gombessa are dead on with the dry gloves. The Viking rings are very popular and what I use for that matter with gloves from Seattle Marine. The removable liner is a must so they can dry out easily. Also order two pairs of gloves/liners so you have spares. The gloves are patchable with aquaseal, but with a bad tear it is cheap enough to just replace them.

Would recommend against the DUI zip-gloves... They pretty much stay on the suit which means you can't take them off on an SI without taking the top of the suit off... Alot of people use DC or SI-Tech ring dryglove systems...

Thinsulate. DUI has one (400g), but also other mfgr's have good ones.

I like the velcro ones more than the zipper. The velcro is easier to get into (and close) in a hurry. Also, it's slightly more streamlined, and as a result doesn't catch on kelp quite as often.

I am not 100% happy with the Zip-Seals, theres a long backstory there. I had the SI-Tech initially and using it as directed it was going to end up destroying the seals in 10 or so weekends of diving. Granted if you just leave it alone it will probably last fairly well. The Zip-Seals make dealing with a neoprene neck seal a VERY difficult ordeal to get it folded correctly. Thats my biggest complaint, I can live with them otherwise.

Cool!! Thanks for posting these.

I always wonder what I look like swimming around down there. Highlights this weekend: The shark car, brandons royal collar and body surfing exits.

I'm hating that I didnt bring my camera and catch that cormorant under water.

Thanks to everyone this weekend for some great diving and good company.

Dude the collar is awesome! :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom