KPP On-going idle chit-chat thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do have a deep cycle battery that I use to power the lights at night as needed. I will be getting an invertor in the near future which has always been part of the plan. I just don't know how much battery power I will need. A few years back someone provided me with some info about this but I will need to search for the post/thread it was in.

jbd:
I do have a deep cycle battery that I use to power the lights at night as needed. I will be getting an invertor in the near future which has always been part of the plan. I just don't know how much battery power I will need. A few years back someone provided me with some info about this but I will need to search for the post/thread it was in.

You are in a right path... It must be a deep cycle battery. Otherwise, it doesn't last long. I had also collected a battery info for a scuba trailer a while ago and almost bought the brand new one (6X12 lamp door) locally, but Min clearly said, "NO." :huh:

As I recall, one large size (marine size) used to last two days for TV, VCR, and microwave (very short use). I planned to put it on the front area of the trailer and see the movie through the portable projector with a screen on the trailer side.

So, you can imagine why Min said, "NO." :eyebrow:

jbd:
I just thought about an heavy equipment store for a dozer battery that with a good sized inverter from a rv should run just about anything

Truck stops = inverters = can't go wrong! If I remember correctly the local stop
carries a 4 outlet 3kw battery connect inverter at a reasonable cost.

Land Locked:
Truck stops = inverters = can't go wrong! If I remember correctly the local stop
carries a 4 outlet 3kw battery connect inverter at a reasonable cost.

My lack of knowledge.....

So, we can recharge a battery at the truck stop........ :confused:

If you keep your truck running you can! :D

What Kris is saying is that the truck stops carry them and they are cheap. Hence the Truck stops = inverters = can't go wrong!

Thanks for your clarification.

I am not familiar with a truck stop........:wink:

While hoosier is blasphemizing I'm thinking of a trip to Cozumel at a place JP mentioned to me yesterday, scuba club Cozumel. Might go next year. In the meantime I'm paying for the upcoming Blackbeards trip. Much closer to home(like right outside my house:D ) I've got work to do on my scuba trailer so I'm outta here for a while.

wb416:
...and you call yourself a "Hoosier"?????? BLASPHEMER!!!!! :D

:rofl3:

Hoosier's image is more likely to ride a John Deere tractor with a wheat-stalk-chewing farmer from the Midwest.......:rofl3: A truck stop is a little bit civilized subject for us....:eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom