KPP On-going idle chit-chat thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Land Locked:
That is why I suggested just putting Piranha Patrol......they do live in other areas!

I think of "Kentucky Piranha Patrol" as the sub forum in ScubaBoard where we all meet rather than a literal geographic location. I wouldn't be totally apposed to just using "Piranha Patrol" though but my preference would be to use the whole name.

Divin'Hoosier:
Now why would you assume that I don't want a t-shirt because it says Kentucky Piranha Patrol? I love Kentucky. It's a great state ..... to pass through on the way to Florida. :D

Yes, we have less of a drive, :D rub, rub......:mooner:

Well... I've not lived in Kentucky... YET... but I think I'm starting to identify more closely with KPP than GLWC since I moved over 3 hours south to Cincy. Now when Penny gets transferred to Covington, that'll definitely put the K in KPP for us!! :D

crpntr133:
According to others and the web site the average depth is 25' with the sump area being 18' diameter area with a depth of 35'. With 10'-12' I'm not sure that you could even keep fish in there.
Personally, there's nothing new in BS and the docks are falling apart. Raise the cost and let the place got to hell? This weekend I saw the most fish I have EVER seen in BS, 8.
Showers and toilets would be nice to have as well. Done with out at other places but it's always makes it nice. At any rate it will be worth at least one dive if I get a report that the viz has improved.

I was going off memory from the last time I dove there 2001. I pulled out my logbook and 21' was the average depth and 33' in the sump. There was nothing in the sump. Things to see include: 2 boats, old honda motorcycle, lounge chair, john deer tractor, swingset, rowboat, sm bus, mailbox and some bluegill. If you're lucky, you'll see a spoonbill. I personally did not like HP. It was a waste of time.

Dwight

Just a minor switch in the conversation:D I finally got a little bit more work done on the scuba trailer. The table is installed and needs to be primed and painted. Next project will be to finish the tank rack/seating bench/ fold out bed. The tank rack/bench are installed, I just need to finish the part that will turn into a bed for the air matress. Still have some other projects to work on to complete the whole thing but that will probably come later.

jbd, you can't hijack this thread because there is nothing to hijack!:D

Sounds like things are coming together, what about the compressor?
Do you need a couple of big bank bottles?

If jbd can supplies an air at the dive site, it will be a good "+" to the students and local divers.

Bank bottles are in the plan for the future. Just not sure how far in the future. I haven't had much luck finding out about leasing some tanks in the Lexington area so I am thinking of checking with some of the Louisville gas supply places. Buying the tanks is quite pricey, which is why I only have one right now.:D

hoosier:
If jbd can supplies an air at the dive site, it will be a good "+" to the students and local divers.

Can you say, "Full service non-affiliated scuba instructor?"

I'm wondering if he will expand out to selling gear?:D

jbd, I know where you may get a good deal on some bottles, I'll check into it for you.

I would appreciate it greatly. BTW any chance you can get me some phone numbers in Louisville for gas supply companies like Scott Gross etc, etc? Not the medical ones like Praxair though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom