KPP On-going idle chit-chat thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Call it equipment envy, I've been diving the same old gear for the last 8 years, I guess it is time to swap out all the old gear at start fresh. How did Min manage the new doubles?

Land Locked:
Call it equipment envy, I've been diving the same old gear for the last 8 years, I guess it is time to swap out all the old gear at start fresh. How did Min manage the new doubles?

At 2nd dive, she used a short double, HP 119s, instead of AL80s. Her trim got much better and no pain on the waist. I don't think she will go back to AL80s again.

However, 119s is a little bit heavy for her.. You know, she is only 5.2' and 110lb. The weight on double is about the same with her body weight. :rofl3: I am looking at 100s. I don't think Min can beat Penny's 130s though. Her SAC is pretty low, so it will be OK.

I don't think Min even breathes under water, she could dive a single as I run OOA
on the doubles. I'm glad she is taking well to them! I hope with the new gear I can
work out my issues....

Land Locked:

Chris, mom has no money in the purse. You keep spending it. :D
Kinda figured you were having a bit of plate envy. Can't talk though since I did the same thing especially after you said doubles. BTW, me thinks that Divin' Hoosier will be our next victim to the doubles bug. :D

I am thinking about doing a quick release but not cutting the webbing. It was posted on TDS and here and it sounded like a good idea. But then again after a bit of adjusting with the HOG I might just leave it.

BTW, we might have a new diving spot. Hidden Paradise is just down the road from BS. They have put in scrubber/aerators so the viz should improve. Not sure on depth and all that but I am sure there are fish.

Hidden Paradise is about 10-12' average. There is one sump hole that lets you get down to about 20'. Not much to see in HP, except the little bus and if you're lucky a spoonbill.

Honestly, you are better off staying at BS.

D.

roadkils:
Hidden Paradise is about 10-12' average. There is one sump hole that lets you get down to about 20'. Not much to see in HP, except the little bus and if you're lucky a spoonbill.

Honestly, you are better off staying at BS.

D.

According to others and the web site the average depth is 25' with the sump area being 18' diameter area with a depth of 35'. With 10'-12' I'm not sure that you could even keep fish in there.
Personally, there's nothing new in BS and the docks are falling apart. Raise the cost and let the place got to hell? This weekend I saw the most fish I have EVER seen in BS, 8.
Showers and toilets would be nice to have as well. Done with out at other places but it's always makes it nice. At any rate it will be worth at least one dive if I get a report that the viz has improved.

We need some input folks!! I have heard several ask about KPP shirts and it seems that there are 4 of us that are chiming in. 4 shirts, or 8, isn't going to make it worth anybodies time.

crpntr133:
We need some input folks!! I have heard several ask about KPP shirts and it seems that there are 4 of us that are chiming in. 4 shirts, or 8, isn't going to make it worth anybodies time.

No criticism at all here, but I'm just not interested in a KPP shirt. For those that are, great. No skin off my back at all. But per Wally's request I did want to chime in.

Divin'Hoosier:
No criticism at all here, but I'm just not interested in a KPP shirt. For those that are, great. No skin off my back at all. But per Wally's request I did want to chime in.

That is why I suggested just putting Piranha Patrol......they do live in other areas!

Land Locked:
That is why I suggested just putting Piranha Patrol......they do live in other areas!

Now why would you assume that I don't want a t-shirt because it says Kentucky Piranha Patrol? I love Kentucky. It's a great state ..... to pass through on the way to Florida. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom