KPP On-going idle chit-chat thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

roadkils:
I was going off memory from the last time I dove there 2001. I pulled out my logbook and 21' was the average depth and 33' in the sump. There was nothing in the sump. Things to see include: 2 boats, old honda motorcycle, lounge chair, john deer tractor, swingset, rowboat, sm bus, mailbox and some bluegill. If you're lucky, you'll see a spoonbill. I personally did not like HP. It was a waste of time.

Dwight

Never been but I have been told that the viz totally sucked. Hopefully with the scrubbers that will change.

Good deal Jim. Maybe one of these days we will finally meet. Being at Joe's with a fill station at hand would be nice.
You said something about a fold down bed. The LDS used a trailor and made a fold down bed in the front of the trailor. It rested on a 2x4 along the wall if I am thinking right. At any rate it held me several nights. If you want more info let me know and will see what can fing out.

crpntr133:
Never been but I have been told that the viz totally sucked. Hopefully with the scrubbers that will change.

Good deal Jim. Maybe one of these days we will finally meet. Being at Joe's with a fill station at hand would be nice.
You said something about a fold down bed. The LDS used a trailor and made a fold down bed in the front of the trailor. It rested on a 2x4 along the wall if I am thinking right. At any rate it held me several nights. If you want more info let me know and will see what can fing out.
My work table/desk is at the front of the trailer. The tank rack/bench/bed are on one side. I have the idea in my head of what I want to do, just haven't had the time to get to it just yet. There is a bit more pressure to get it done though with the frequent trips to LaGrange now that I've got a class going on down there and diving season is upon us.

crpntr133:

Yes,
Vis at HP has always been terrible. With all of the campers in the area, you also get a lot of swimmers. If you go, becareful of the wood walk in ramp. It is slick!

Dwight

jbd:
My work table/desk is at the front of the trailer. The tank rack/bench/bed are on one side. I have the idea in my head of what I want to do, just haven't had the time to get to it just yet. There is a bit more pressure to get it done though with the frequent trips to LaGrange now that I've got a class going on down there and diving season is upon us.

OK you one upped the LDS. They didn't have a desk in the front. Where are you going to put the microwave and the toilet? :D

No microwave but I am considering a TV with either video or DVD capability. Would like to have the ability to use an overhead projector as well but not sure I can come up with that kind of power.

jbd:
No microwave but I am considering a TV with either video or DVD capability. Would like to have the ability to use an overhead projector as well but not sure I can come up with that kind of power.

All you would need is a dc/ac inverter I have a 1 outlet I use in my van for the laptop or dvd player that plugs into the cig. lighter I got mine at wally hell for about 40 bucks but its the smallest they had (brand name PowerLine) they had 2 & 3 outlet models too. Also you might look around the RV places.
hope I could help :)

I have a 1250 watt invertor and about the only thing that I have found that it won't run is a power saw. Too much for the peak. I got it off Amazon for about $100. Talk to Chris he uses one in the van for his laptop.

The LDS uses one of the camping porta pots. Of course the rule is...you use it you clean it.

Joe has Port-a-johns and I don't have to clean them:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom