Knife

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My cutting knife is carried one on my left shoulder strap commando style upside down. My big knife that is my, prying, hammering, digging knife is on my right thigh.

On the belt of my harness, left of the buckle. (And it's a Trilobyte). Back up folding Spyderco in my right leg pocket, or rear pouch if diving sidemount.
I have four Spyderco's, all Paramilitary 2's in various colors. How are they holding up against the salt water. Do you do anything special cleaning wise besides a good soak? I have a tribolyte on my shoulder strap and a will probably put a spyderco in my pocket.

I pack EMS shears on my BC belt as they are safe and easy to access, but I also mount a knife on my inside left calf for access with my dominant right hand. The inside mounting is mostly for access purposes as I find it too awkward to grab a knife from outside my leg with a dry suit on.

As for my knife... Purely for sentimental purposes I pack a big a** scuba pro knife straight out of Sea Hunt w/ a 7" blade. It was my first and most uninformed equipment purchases back in the '80s. Today, it's good for a laugh on the dive charters and probably takes a couple of pounds of weight off my BC :wink:

When I got BP/Wings....couldn't figure it out. Had knife on left BC pocket before but no pockets on BP/W. After trying a few places I didn't like...too crowded on waist strap esp with pony.....I finally found a home for it. On crotch strap loop. Only thing I don't like is crotch strap is a little heavier with knife making strap harder to find when gearing up but when geared up.....really easy to get to.
In the long run, it's what works for you

When I'm diving wet I keep it on inner left calf. Diving dry I have an accessible line cutter on harness and I keep a knife in the outside pocket of my "everything" bag.

Although, as of a few hours ago, the knife on my calf is missing. So now I have another empty sheath. I was actually attached to that one. :(.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I carry 2 and they both can be reached by either hand. My primary is a 4" BCD knife that goes just above the zipper of my left BCD pocket. My second is a safety line cutter that slides over my BCD strap on the right side.

If you wear a knife on the leg put it on the inside it is easier to reach. You also need to think about your exposure suit. Pointed knifes and dry suits are expensive repairs in your future.

Most of the time you will use on fishing line or vegetation. There is no need for a 6" Rambo knife.

There is no need for a 6" Rambo knife.

You obviously haven't read the thread. Alternatively, you consider yourself an expert on other people's needs, knowing even more than they do themselves.

Some divers, like you, see no need for a 6" knife. Others do. But you know best, I guess. :shakehead:

--
Sent from my Android phone
Typos are a feature, not a bug

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom