Key Largo May 1st

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy:
i'll shore dive with one group Sun morning and then catch the afternoon grou
and dive AGAIN

(dive?..drive?...dive..drive?... hmmmm... i think i'll dive)

I'll dive on Sunday also- I'd prefer afternoon because of church.

Marvel:
I'll dive on Sunday also- I'd prefer afternoon because of church.

On Sunday, I'll do the afternoon shore dive. My wife will kill me if I miss church due to diving! I'm still up for possible Saturday evening if anyone is back by then.

algal bloom:
On Sunday, I'll do the afternoon shore dive. My wife will kill me if I miss church due to diving! I'm still up for possible Saturday evening if anyone is back by then.

Calvary?

I may be able to do both morning and afternoon as well. Now what beach are we diving? As you all know I love commercial but the parking situation sucks to begin with. This may just make it impossible.

People out here do several beach dives in a day? I'm all for it! It's just when I was in California, people looked at me like I was crazy when I suggested the idea. They said only one beach entry a day, may be two if you are up to the challenge. I guess that is because we had to climb all over rocks and cliffs and through 5 ft waves in full gear. Excellent workout, though!

Do you get geared up, dive, take everything off, go get a refill (or pull out the spare tank), gear up again and then dive again? I'd love to do several beach dives!

Yep thats exactly what we do. Some of us take a longer surface interval than others though. The swim out is kinda tiring though. I remember I had a bottom time of nearly 2 and a half hours with Jenny once. If you get a chance to dive with her, I highly suggest it. I would dive with her anytime.

amelo1999:
I remember I had a bottom time of nearly 2 and a half hours with Jenny once.

2 1/2 hours??? how deep were you diving? i take it these reefs aren't too terribly deep. with such long bottom times, maybe that is why people are telling me that a shorty wouldn't cut it for thermal protection. i thought the ocean was pretty warm when i was freediving a few days ago. or are you talking about 2 1/2 hours for an entire day of diving? either way, i'll take 2 1/2 hours of diving any day! :D

Well it's only an average of 25 feet deep. Maximum 30. Hmm shorty not enough? During the summer I don't wear any thermal protection and I am a naturally cold person.

:06: Rocks?....CLIFFS!...5 Foot Waves!....Hello. My name is Oliver and I cant wait to meet you. I represent the www@hilt.org. (Warm Water WussiescauseweHave ItLikeThat DownhereinFlorida.ORG

You must REALLY love this sport.

Us tropical divers are sploilt!

amelo1999:
Yep thats exactly what we do. Some of us take a longer surface interval than others though. The swim out is kinda tiring though. I remember I had a bottom time of nearly 2 and a half hours with Jenny once. If you get a chance to dive with her, I highly suggest it. I would dive with her anytime.
Gee thanks for the kind words, much appreciated...but I don't think it was 2 1/2 hours (just checked my log book, but I won't tell the actual bottom time :) ).....but then again that shark we saw was this...no THIS BIG!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom