Key Largo May 1st

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, some of us dive 30 mins, come up to the surface and hang there until the computer registers "dive 2," then go back and dive another 30 or 45. Squeeze two dives off one tank, then gear up and do it all over again :D

BIGSAGE136:
:06: Rocks?....CLIFFS!...5 Foot Waves!....Hello. My name is Oliver and I cant wait to meet you. I represent the www@hilt.org. (Warm Water WussiescauseweHave ItLikeThat DownhereinFlorida.ORG

You must REALLY love this sport.

Us tropical divers are sploilt!

hahaha! Well, Sage, I'm no super diver. I would bet just about everyone here has way more experience than I do. I just dive where I can and got lucky enough to find a job that required onsite training in California for a few months. It was great experience! I think everyone should do some CA shore diving at least once.

Now the guys who dive northern California, Oregon, and Washington, they are the crazy ones! :D

**(I know you were kidding. I just wanted make sure that you guys know that you are the teachers, and I'm the student. I hope that I am not coming across as an arrogant, seasoned pro because I'm not. I'm just some punk kid who wishes to one day be the seasoned pro (minus the arrogance). Anyway, I just thought I'd through that disclaimer in there!) :)

Ahh don't worry. I'm no pro either. I've logged only about 60 dives. In any event, Jenny, I was just guessing but I know it was somewhere in the 2 to 2 and a half hour mark. Whatever it was I know it was a damn long time. And yes that shark was BBBIIIGGG. Still never seen another one even close to that size.

So what kind of shark was it? I hope to increase the number of species of sharks I've in my life time (while diving). At this point all I have seen are horn sharks (harmless bottom-feeders), leopard sharks (harmless bottom-feeders), and nurse sharks. I must say, the tiger shark has to be the most beautiful. I figured that bulls would be fairly common out here. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Oliver my buddy- you are way too kind, thanks!

Agal Bloom it was a nurse shark that was longer than me and my fins. I remember when I first saw it, it was just this huge mass of grey that I thought it was a sheet of metal or something.
Saw it again on the way in just almost out of visiblility range as it was making a pass. Very cool!

wow jenny! you have quite a reputation. i can't wait to dive with you.

dibs on jenny as my buddy! :D

wow jenny! you have quite a reputation.
Hopefully it is all good :D

As far as dibs on diving?
Sorry, single rich men get first dibs LOL!

Warning, Jenny gets really, really miffed when you run out of air before her, and I have yet to find anybody who doesn't!
algal bloom:
wow jenny! you have quite a reputation. i can't wait to dive with you.

dibs on jenny as my buddy! :D

Actually I didn't :wink: Me and Jenny came up about the same. By the way I'm a single rich man hehe. Oh wait rich maybe but not single anymore maybe hehe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom