Key Largo January ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

del_mo:
Are these return trips to the Pelican? Reviews seems a little harsh (bed bugs and ants).
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...can_Motel-Key_Largo_Florida_Keys_Florida.html
I haven't stayed but a co-worker stayed there last year and he recommended it. That's where I found out about Silent World Divers, not the other way around.
Quite honestly, a few ants won't bother me. As long as the beds are clean and the shower water hot, I'm fine. When I vacation with my girlfriend, I stay at Marriotts etc, and don't mind paying more. However, when I'm on a dive vacation, and will be in the motel room for 9 hours a day ( 8 hours sleep and an hour to shower), I don't mind roughing it a bit. I'll post a trip report when we get back and give you the goods on the dive operators and the motels.
C-Dawg

Vtdiver2:
We are going top be in Key Largo from 2/4 to 2/7, then we are heading down to Marathon and diving with Abyss Divers on the Adolphus Busch, Thunderbolt and whatever else thru the 11th. What other dive sites would you recommend while down in that area?
C-Dawg

I am doing the same thing in January. I am staying at the Best Western in Key Largo and diving with Silent World but I have no idea about Marathon. We were thinking about going down that way do dive Molassas Reef. Any recommendations on dive operations in Marathon?

Yeah I saw some of those reports. However the reports here on SB have been positive so I figure its worth a shot.

av8er23:
I am doing the same thing in January. I am staying at the Best Western in Key Largo and diving with Silent World but I have no idea about Marathon. We were thinking about going down that way do dive Molassas Reef. Any recommendations on dive operations in Marathon?

Molassas Reef is in the Key Largo area (southern end) - unless you are thinking about Sombrero Reef - which is in Marathon.
In Marathon you can use Capt Hooks or Abyss or Halls - all good operations.

Dive Safely

Hey,

Alot of people on this thread should be back from key largo and i am dying to hear aboout the dives

Post some trip reports please..

Thanks

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom