Key Largo January ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yah, no kidding on the Cold part of January.
I recall going down to Islamorada with a pal for his bachelor party weekend.
Cold front came thru saturday,
and we spent that night sitting at the Tiki Bar with their propane space heaters roarin' out heat!

Watch the local forecasts and be prepared to pack a dive parka.

All you people are coming to the Keys and not getting further south than Key Largo???

Don't forget about your friendly dive ops further south :wink:

Rachel

P.S. The singles trip is diving with me the day after Christmas!

biscuit7:
All you people are coming to the Keys and not getting further south than Key Largo???

Don't forget about your friendly dive ops further south :wink:

Rachel

P.S. The singles trip is diving with me the day after Christmas!
We are going top be in Key Largo from 2/4 to 2/7, then we are heading down to Marathon and diving with Abyss Divers on the Adolphus Busch, Thunderbolt and whatever else thru the 11th. What other dive sites would you recommend while down in that area?
C-Dawg

I did my Advanced course in a January down in Key Largo many years ago and the temp was around 70. It was borderline chilly and I definitely felt it after several dives. It's low season for them at that time so hotel rates will be lower and there will be fewer divers but it's not my preferred time of the year to go down there because of the water temp.

cleung:
I did my Advanced course in a January down in Key Largo many years ago and the temp was around 70. It was borderline chilly and I definitely felt it after several dives. It's low season for them at that time so hotel rates will be lower and there will be fewer divers but it's not my preferred time of the year to go down there because of the water temp.

Precisley why the Dry Suit is making the trip with me...:D A nice light pair of undies, and good to go.. I aint skeered....

Vtdiver2:
Dude, we are flying in on the 4th...we'll definitely have to hook up and have a beer. PM me and we can set it up
C-Dawg

I think we get in to Ft. Lauderdale around noon sometime on the 5th.. then directly to Key largo, staying at the Holiday Inn.. Didnt even realize that was Super Bowl Sunday.. Guess I know what my evening plans will include....

cbsaw:
I think we get in to Ft. Lauderdale around noon sometime on the 5th.. then directly to Key largo, staying at the Holiday Inn.. Didnt even realize that was Super Bowl Sunday.. Guess I know what my evening plans will include....
We'll be at the Hungry Pelican in Key Largo. Not sure how far way that is from you at the Holiday Inn. We get back from our SG charter around 3-4pm, so we'll have time to pick up munchies and beer. You and your wife should come over and watch the game with us. My buddy Bryan, who'll be on the Keys trip, and I are heading down to Foxboro tomorrow morning to watch the Pats play the Bucs. Should be a good game.
C-Dawg

Vtdiver2:
We'll be at the Hungry Pelican in Key Largo. Not sure how far way that is from you at the Holiday Inn. We get back from our SG charter around 3-4pm, so we'll have time to pick up munchies and beer. You and your wife should come over and watch the game with us. My buddy Bryan, who'll be on the Keys trip, and I are heading down to Foxboro tomorrow morning to watch the Pats play the Bucs. Should be a good game.
C-Dawg

That can work.. I think I will definately be ready to attack some Adult Beverages by then and hear all about the SG.. We'll have to talk when it gets a little closer.. What are you up to on 1/1/06?? According to Frank Hayes, Looks like the Brownstone Quarry here in Portland will be open for the day.. Grab all of the buddies you know and come down for the day..

getting in January 7th and staying at the Pelican. Diving the 8th, 9th, and 10th with Silent World. Any other SBers going to be hanging around the Pelican those dates?

I'll be in Key Largo 1/5 & 6 after the Orange Bowl...Definately diving the 5th, and possibly the 6th.

Need to make plans this week...

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom