Key largo dive operators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mike_s:
When your co-worker booked the trip, did they tell her 72 hour notice verbally? just curious since they have new owners it seems. BTW... looks like hte "old" owners (Laurie and Tony) are listed on the web page still if you click on "crew". So it doesn't appear the new owners have updated their page yet.

When I asked her at the time what she'd been told, she said the cancellation policy was never mentioned. From the timing of things, I think she booked with the old owners while she had "the screws put to her" by the new owners.

BTW, you can always find out what a webpage used to say here: http://www.archive.org/web/web.php The wayback machine is a great tool.

lauratm- When in October are you headed down? We may be headed back around the 7th - 10th. We have had great dives with Silent World. They offer great values.(check out the 3 and 5 trip deals) Great bunch of folks.

Hey Pat!

Charlie99:
KeyLargoBrent + some more characters to meet the 15 character min post size.

Another vote for KeyLargoBrent and Blue Water Divers. Has to be the best charter I've been on while on Vacation. Unbelievably accommodating for the divers and non divers in our group

I've used many of the Keys operators and don't have a bad story to tell. But, I would highly suggest Blue Water Divers. My wife was a new diver last year and they were extremely helpful, friendly, and reassuring. She was nervous and they provided a wonderful experience. I returned to dive with them during the SB Invades The Keys trip this year and was again impressed with them. Good luck and have fun with whomever you choose.

I'll let you guys know how Ocean Divers is (round 2) on saturday.

Ocean Divers was strongly recommended to us, but their big boats with lots of divers has kinda turned us off. Definitely would love to hear your experiences though.

I used Conch Republic out of Tavernier back in May. Good friendly folks, nice operation and good boats. We had 10 divers the day I went out with them.

Divers City is my top choice for more advance dives - Barb and Bob will give experienced divers lots of freedom and diving options including night dives on the Duane and other dives including 3 tank trips and twilight dives. They will go as far North as the SG and as far South as Alligator. Their 30' Island Hopper is the best of its type in the upper keys.

If you want to be the first on the reef Morning and afternoon, Jeff and the HMS Minnow is the top op. Jeff makes diving easy and really handles the Sites from Mo and the Key Largo wrecks with ease. He leaves the dock as soon as all the divers show up (you need to be at the dock at 7:30 AM). The Minnow is my wife's favorite and she is picky. If you are staying in KL they are super convenient

Brenda and Gary at Conch Republic are the "friendly" ones and run a nice op.
They run two boats - a 30' Island Hopper and big old boat that has been upgraded and is good for large groups. They go out of their way to make you life easy.

Quiescence is the choice for the more Northern Upper Keys dives including North North Dry Rocks and a couple less known sites like Game Fish Alley that is super lush.

I have a place in the Keys and do around 40 dives a year there and those are my favorite ops.

DiveMaven:
Ocean Divers was strongly recommended to us, but their big boats with lots of divers has kinda turned us off. Definitely would love to hear your experiences though.

Last time I was on the "green" boat i believe. we had..lets see..16 or so?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom