Key largo dive operators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubastud16:
check out conch republic. i've heard fantastic things about them, and if i was going with someone else on their trip, i would have booked through them.

We just dove with them last weekend and had a great time, see my trip report.

lauratm:
Hi,

I'm heading down to Key Largo in October and would like some dive operator input. I am looking for a smaller boat capacity (6-10 people). For those of you who have used Divers City , Blue Water Divers, or Quiescence- which do you recommend?

Thanks!

I will put in a Plug for Blue Waters. Call and talk to Brent or Capt. Marvel, tell them what you want to do, and see what they have to offer. I will also HIGHLY recommend Gary also known as Conch Republic. Gary has two boats and is a bit bigger OP vs. Blue Waters but he is located a bit farther south vs. Blue waters at MM 100.

IMO dive them both! I personally would rather do Blue Waters vs. a six pack. With a 10 man boat that is generally not fill vs. a 6 pack that often is. The larger boat is a better ride, and more room. This is NOT to diss Quiescence whom also runs a great OP.

The reality is that Brent, Gary, and Capt. Marvel are all wonderful experienced individuals, so you can not go wrong with any of them. Since Gary is not always on board you may not get his as the Capt. but I dove with his staff, and they are top notch. But I WILL say that if you are diivng the Conch Wall as a non-drift dive, and can not hear the dive briefing Speak up! :lol:

You will be happy with any of these dive Ops.

Thanks everyone for the recommendations! Its tough when there are so many ops in the area to know which one to go with. The op we used a couple of years ago has changed owners and with reviews being pretty poor, we definitely won't be going back with them.

I prefer slightly bigger boats due to my motion sickness issues (though I do wear a patch), and I also need a head on board. I'm one of those weird folks that can't pee in my wetsuit, so until I learn how, a head is important to me. Guess all those years of competitive swimming and NOT peeing in the pool aren't helping me now. :wink:

Dive report!
I had a pretty damn good time on Ocean Divers (green boat) on Saturday, afternoon dives. The captain and 1st mate persay were great, awesome sites and directions. There was one crazy lady on the ship, but it made for a good laugh later. about 18 people on the ship. thumbs up.

S.S.

I went to alligators reef and hens and chickens friday, calm sea conditions but the viz was way off at hens and chickens. Lately we were getting GREAT viz on the reefs. Hopefully it will clear up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom