Keep reminding people: Don't rent scooters and don't dive without DAN accident insurance!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Back before I was concerned about trip interruption insurance due to having to quarantine, my only travel concern was health insurance, and I used to buy Geo Blue. I never had to make a claim, so I can't vouch for it.
This is my worry. How many of you have placed a medical claim with travel insurance and had it honored? How many placed a claim and it was not honored?

This is my worry. How many of you have placed a medical claim with travel insurance and had it honored? How many placed a claim and it was not honored?
Read the policy. Trip insurance policies have been reviewed by enough lawyers to choke the proverbial horse. The policies, while not fun for most to read, are for the most part, written in plain English. I did have a question once, called the provider who couldn't have been nicer, and confirmed my understanding. I'm comfortable in buying them.

Read the policy. Trip insurance policies have been reviewed by enough lawyers to choke the proverbial horse. The policies, while not fun for most to read, are for the most part, written in plain English. I did have a question once, called the provider who couldn't have been nicer, and confirmed my understanding. I'm comfortable in buying them.
I read a bunch of them. The question still stands. When push came to shove, who got what they expected, and who didn't?

It is interesting to compare these. They're all different with various aspects to compare and consider. Just looking at my planned August trip...
  • Generali charged me $78 for my $500 trip and $150K Medical;
  • Safetrip doesn't offer much at my age. $50K max medical for $131;
  • Geoblue wanted $430 for $100K medical with $100 deductible (I guess their shareholders are happy);
  • Squaremouth with such a funny name seems to be a nice comparison shopping site.
I have used SafeTrip from United Health Care since before UHC owned them. For a number of years, I bought the year long frequent traveler, but they quit selling it.
They list longterm options, but they will call you.

Why would you not get what you expected after reading and understanding the policy?
I appreciate your optimism. The question stands.

I read a bunch of them. The question still stands. When push came to shove, who got what they expected, and who didn't?
We've only had small, non-medical claims, but our experiences have been good. The companies have to meet state insurance department requirements in every state they sell in and I doubt that they can get away with much. If you confirm that they sell in New York, that state is known to have the strongest regulations, but you can always check google for complaints on companies.

Squaremouth with such a funny name seems to be a nice comparison shopping site.
Looking at their site again, I do like the way that they offer comparisons. I started to bookmark it, but I already had it saved, just hadn't looked lately. The offer from Travel SE, underwritten by United States Fire Insurance Company, looks really good for Medical Evacuation $500,000, Medical $250,000 Primary, at very low rates. And then the kicker...!!

Was your travel insurance claim denied?​

Every policy purchased through Squaremouth comes with our unique Zero Complaint Guarantee.

If you are unhappy with how your travel insurance claim is handled, our team of licensed claims adjusters will investigate your case and mediate with the provider on your behalf.

To open a Zero Complaint case, please fill out our Zero Complaint form, and we will send you a link to schedule an interview with a member of our team.

100% not correct and is just as bad as them saying “I had to lay her down”
One of the joys of riding a Harley is "Loud Pipes Save Lives". Not so much on a scooter. You do you - just trying to offer helpful advice.

So, on the trip insurance front, anyone used GeoBlue?

I have used SafeTrip from United Health Care since before UHC owned them. For a number of years, I bought the year long frequent traveler, but they quit selling it.

I just bought the GeoBlue trekker year long. It has little or no trip stuff, like flights and all. I could care less about that. We mostly fly with nothing to our condo that has our stuff.

So, strictly medical, any opinions?

If you ever do hear anything about GeoBlue Trekker please post it. On paper it looks good for someone like me , but I have never known anyone that has had to file a claim.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom