Keep Alan Knappenburger in your thoughts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well said Debra. I agree.

I miss my dive buddy and good friend. Get well friend!

I dug this picture out of my collection of Alan helping some divers out during one of our shops Diver's Day out in July 2007.

Attachments

• IMAG0026.JPG
    IMAG0026.JPG
    358.9 KB · Views: 108
i got this email from Alan ( CC'd to his address book)

"HI,,

It's been now ovwe 3 weeks since 3 of my sons headesout for
Min. winter trip.

Big crash on way home left us all 3 in the hospital.

Boys have now been home 2 weeks!!! For me not as good a luck......THANKS for all of your support to me and my family....and a special thanls to my wifeBonnny.

I have spent 25minutites to get this typed.....All is improveing each day!!!

I love and miss my family and friends, I jusy got some promising work about pherapy for the upcomimg week.

More later......this has been taxing.

Love XOXO,,,, Alan :) "

I just spoke with Bonnie. Alan was moved to Rehab a little over an hour ago. She said that he was pretty warn out and didnt feel like talking. She suggested I call back in a few days.

Anyway I thought I would pass on the info and an address where folks can send cards if they want.

Willie

Alan Knappenburger
Room# 646
Mary Brigh Rehab
St Mary's Hospital
1216 Second St SW
Rochester, MN 55902

Great news. I am very happy to hear this. Allan is such a great person, it was really hard to hear about all this happening. Still praying for a fast recovery.

Here is an up date from Bonnie.
You can tell they have been away from home a long long time....
She says the BBQ is good there :shakehead:
Lord, please get them home fast !!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi to all,
I just wanted to drop a note and update you all on the latest "adventure" that Alan has been on!! Poor Guy,
He finally got down to the rehab unit late Friday, as you know for the 2nd time, then had issues with low b/p almost
to the point of passing out each time he stood!! that started on Sat. increasing Sunday and continued Mon.
His pressure were very low 70's over 40's. not really high enough to sustain being conscious!!
The Dr. repeated the tests that they had done on Sun. with a few additional ones, ekg, chest xray, cardiac levels,
complete blood work, electrolytes. IV fluids to hydrate him quickly.
The pulmonary Doc came and removed the chest tube altogether and sealed it with a vaseline gauze and big dressing!! He was sooooo very happy to get that hose out from between his ribs!!! Still very sore but it will ease up a bit each day.
Anyway, they cut his b/p med dose in half, hoping that would relieve the symptoms of extreme fatigue, lightheadedness and feeling of blacking out. That was this morning, and the pressures were still very low once he got up and attempted his therapies. The Doc said that they wanted to taper him off of the med so it won't rebound and he have a hypertensive crisis. {very high, very fast} But since he cannot even function with the lower dose, they will omit all together starting in the morning.
Hopefully, a prayerful moment from all of us!! It will be more normal so he can get on with his therapies. He is so determined to do the work, but just could not or did not have the strength.
He thought process has improved greatly, and that helps alot following instructions etc.
He does much better at moving in and out of bed, still carefully but knows just what to do to make it the least painful!!
His appetite is really picking up and he takes in alot of fluids so that helps the healing process inside and out!!!
My sister Sally and her Husband Rick came early this afternoon and visited with us all. Alan went for afternoon therapy, so we went out and ate at a great BBQ place called Rosco's. I was a bit leary on BBQ way up in Yankee land but I was pleasantly surprised it was as good as the Texas BBQ.{They probably are from the south} the owners I bet!! ha ha ah
Anyway, The Staff meeting they had this morning revealed that the tenative Discharge plan if for NEXT WEDNESDAY, FEB. 4TH!!!!!!!!!!! PRAISE THE LORD, THANK YOU JESUS!!!
I hope tomorrow will be a good day for Alan, bp and energy wise, because he sure deserves a break, if ya ask me!!!
Thanks for all the prayers, notes, flowers, gifts, and blessed thoughts for our family, we can never show ALL of gratitude that we have for each person who has been with us on this journey of "life" Thank you God for your ever presence each second of our lives on earth and beyond!! God bless all, Bonny and Alan

I think Bonny has been away from Texas too long...I am pretty sure the BBQ is not as good as here in Texas :))...sounds like good news...praying he gets to come home soon....
thanks Frank

It's overwhelming, just thinking about all he has gone through and still going through. Just an FYI, I have sent the check out of the donations we received ( $2010) to Bonnie at her home address after it was deposited in my bank account from Paypal. I have keyed up the payment in my Quicken, for the check to be delivered, guess when? February 4th. Freaky.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom