Keep Alan Knappenburger in your thoughts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just got an email update!!!!

"Yes, we made it!! Thank the Lord forever!!
It was a long haul but we made it in safely with Gods guidance and the skill or Rick {brother-in-law} and Mark, our middle son!!
Alan and I "slept in" until almost noon today, he was very stiff and in some pain but once he got moving and ate a "farmers breakfast" scrambled eggs with cocktail sausages and cheese mixed in, some toast and fruitcups he was ready for a LONG sit down shower!! which is where he is now!!
We took frequent stops to walk and stretch throughout the trip, so the two days were long ones, but well worth it!!
Mark has been organizing the mail, bills, etc and he did a great job, still a huge pile of mail, packages etc to look over the
next week or so!!!
Joseph had the house in great order so it was a pleasant arrival to walk into a picked up and nicely vacuumed house!!!
We will get a routine down now that we are back home, and will arrange all of his outpatient therapies and follow up Dr's appts this upcoming week.
Thanks for everything you all have done for us, cards, PRAYERS, well wishes, gifts, food for our sons at home while we were up North!
Please continue praying, it will be a long recovery period, the Docs said at least a year before he is at a normal pre crash status.
We will drop a note every few days or so, to keep all posted!! We love to hear your encouraging words and "hi's" also, God bless, Bonny and Alan"

I talked to Bonny tonight, and she was overwhelmed by the check. Lots and lots of "Thank You's" to everyone!!! Alan wanted to return it to us, but I told Bonny "no way!" Bonny said Alan would try and call me later in the week, he was outside with his walker, getting a little exercise. She went into some detail about the accident and suffice it to say, Alan is lucky to be alive. He has a long road ahead of him. Alan is healthy and that will really help with the process and the doctor's say he is further along in his recovery because of his good health. Thanks again everyone!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom