Suggestion Kayak Diving Sub Forum??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
HBDiveGirl

HBDiveGirl

Contributor
Reaction score
Underwater SoCal. There's no place I'd rather be
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi ScubaBoard HQ!
Thanks for creating and running this fantastic Board...it's the best thang since compressed air!
Could we please have a sub-forum for kayak diving? I think that nesting it into the Boat Forum in the Equipment section would be most logical place and easiest to find.

When I joined last month, I was shopping for a scuba Kayak. I stumbled onto a posting by Nemrod in the Boat section..and SHAZAAAM! I gathered info and experiences from some enthusiastic divers quickly. I put my wonderful new scuba 'yak in the water today, partly because of connections made on ScubaBoard!

So, could we prettyplease have a subforum??

Thanks and more thanks,
Claudette

NetDoc:
Hey, this idea just might float! :D We'll discuss it and get back to you.
Thanks for 'yaking back with a hull of a good pun! But then a good pun can really anchor a conversation, unless you would rudder do something else....
...oh, no.....it's a disease!

Thanks for considering a kayak-diving sub-forum...it's quite gear intensive and technique laden...and very fun...PERFECT for Scubaboard!
Happy diving,
Claudette

Oh no, she handed me a line. I guess it's time to bow out before we keel over. However, I'm not gunnel miss the opportunity to freeboard this discussion before I bail. Consider this a stern warning to be careful how you puntificate. I think you catch my drift. :D :D :D

Yeah, I think it's a good idea... look for this to happen in the not too distant future.

Great idea... I've been diving for 43 years and kayaking for 34, but I don't remember ever combining the two. Do plan to take a few kayak/dive trips along the coast of Catalina this coming year.

Dr. Bill

My roommate has a couple of diveyaks - really have to get them out on the water - maybe out to the bone yard to find meg teeth and down the SE coast for the drop offs and better reefs :wink: I know a few who diveyak off the SE coast, so i am sure they would be in favour of this idea - i am not going to make a pun, i'll leave that to the more proficient linguists :wink: I do enjoy kayaking too, but my sea kayak just isnt up to diving!!

NetDoc:
Oh no, she handed me a line. I guess it's time to bow out before we keel over. However, I'm not gunnel miss the opportunity to freeboard this discussion before I bail. Consider this a stern warning to be careful how you puntificate. I think you catch my drift. :D :D :D

My puny ship-of-the-glibline has been Boarded, the weakened crew sub-dued, and our colors (and standards!) lowered. We honorable surrender now before we catch anything more deadly than your drift, since antibiotics can't cure everything.

Rule On, NetDoc!!! You are ahhh-some! :lol2:

I guess we'll just aft to make aweigh for this to happen. Rudder you believe it oar not, this ain't just another feather on our paddle! I'll lead you alone with this one, fore another one comes to mind! Ah so... the plot de-puns! :D

So nanook and danook were paddling around the north pole fishing from their kayak.

"Nanook! I am getting cold!"
"So am I Danook, what are we gonna do?"
"Let's build a fire!"
So in short order, Nanook and Danook built a roaring fire in their kayak. However within a few minutes it had burned through and the kayak sank. Treading water...
"Nanook, we are in trouble!"
"It just goes to show you Danook"
"Show me what?"
"You can't have your kayak and heat it too!"
:D :D :D

BTW, the forum is open!

NetDoc:
"You can't have your kayak and heat it too!"
:D :D :D

BTW, the forum is open!

Fantastic!! Thanks for the Brine and Punishment...and our newest sub-forum.
I'll remember you and Nanook fondly each time I get cold in my kayak and wish I could just have a little heat ;-). Send a little mental sympathy to my unfortunate kayak partner who probably hasn't yet heard this jest....his days of blissful ignorance are numbered. Just gotta wait for the right freezing cold moment.....

Cheers and happy diving,
Claudette

Back
Top Bottom