Solved: Korea Sub-Forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
joshua.d.vise

joshua.d.vise

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all,
I was hoping to get a special dedicated sub-forum made for scuba diving in South Korea. This is because the small dive community here would really benefit from having one source of reliable information, and a good place to connect to other divers. South Korea also has a long history of traditional diving, with the "Dive Women" (해녀) attracting lots of tourists as they collect shellfish.

Does anyone know how to start this kind of forum in the "Regions" section of the community? I'd appreciate any help or advice.

I would like to see a Korea page as well. Joshua and I are local divers that have been trying to put together a resource where we can share our experiences diving in Korea. I’m also all for this!

Please add me as #10 supporter!!

I assume we’re just talking South Korea right?

I would suppose so. Even if we could get information about North Korea, most of us wouldn't be allowed to dive there. Still, if you find something cool from there, post it!

Reactions: Jay
@hhjames you've indicated an interest in Korea in the past, would you consider adding your name to the list of divers interested in a Korean subforum?

I would suppose so. Even if we could get information about North Korea, most of us wouldn't be allowed to dive there. Still, if you find something cool from there, post it!

So perhaps the new forum's title should just be "South Korea"?

I think that it should just be Korean Diving
I've got no issue with "Korean Diving". I'm just happy at the prospect of learning and sharing more about diving opportunities here. One issue that I've experienced is that I could only dive on vacations, so I would only go once or twice a year. A dedicated page would allow me to continue my training and skip refresher courses when I do go to other places.

Thank you everyone for being so active and vocal on this thread. It is a testament to the strength of our interest in this sport and our desire to see it expand and improve!

Back
Top Bottom