Solved: Korea Sub-Forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
joshua.d.vise

joshua.d.vise

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all,
I was hoping to get a special dedicated sub-forum made for scuba diving in South Korea. This is because the small dive community here would really benefit from having one source of reliable information, and a good place to connect to other divers. South Korea also has a long history of traditional diving, with the "Dive Women" (해녀) attracting lots of tourists as they collect shellfish.

Does anyone know how to start this kind of forum in the "Regions" section of the community? I'd appreciate any help or advice.

@BusanScuba runs a dive outfit in Busan. He, @DivoScuba, and I just dove last weekend. I am sure they could refer more people to our page as divers based in this region.

Part of the need for a page like this is that people really are scattered, and resources that do exist are often in Korean. I think this page's community of regular posters will increase as these dispersed communities link together. I'd love to find more dive sites on the coast, and Korea has one of the deepest Dive Pools in Asia (https://m.k-26.com/). Our numbers aren't huge yet, but because this community is slowly diacovering itself, ScubaBoard has the opportunity to become the best source of English language dive information in the world.

Thank you Joshua and Devon for starting this forum.

We at Busan Scuba would like you to join us for future dives and events we host throughout the year. We also provide PADI Scuba training from Open Water to Instructor levels and Tech in English. With our recent move, we have purchased a building and built a heated 4 meter pool on the ground floor. This next year we will be finishing the classrooms and retail shop to complete the build. If you'd like more information, please feel free to contact us at the following:

divemania@hanmail.net
mlavier@gmail.com
Busan Scuba

Best Regards,
Busan Scuba

Thank you Joshua and Devon for starting this forum.

We at Busan Scuba would like you to join us for future dives and events we host throughout the year. We also provide PADI Scuba training from Open Water to Instructor levels and Tech in English. With our recent move, we have purchased a building and built a heated 4 meter pool on the ground floor. This next year we will be finishing the classrooms and retail shop to complete the build. If you'd like more information, please feel free to contact us at the following:

divemania@hanmail.net
mlavier@gmail.com
Busan Scuba

Best Regards,
Busan Scuba
Glad to have you on the board! Do you know of any dive shops or people in Jeju who can offer fun dives for people who don’t speak Korean?

Glad to have you on the board! Do you know of any dive shops or people in Jeju who can offer fun dives for people who don’t speak Korean?

I had 2 dives in Munsom in Jeju with Good Diver (굿다이버 - Good Diver) and they had one man on staff that spoke passable English. They were a great group, and I would go with them again.

I learned to dive in Busan, S. Korea when I was teaching English. And it’s through forums like this that the nonKorean-speaking expat community finds out about activities and opportunities like learning to dive. It was only by happenstance that I found out that there was an English speaking instructor there at the time. The English speaking diving community in Busan has grown a lot since then, and it is an excellent place to learn to dive. This forum would be a great addition.

That has to be enough responses.

I need a definitive forum Title and a couple line forum description for the forum heading b4 I create it,

Your call Joshua since you asked for it

That has to be enough responses.

I need a definitive forum Title and a couple line forum description for the forum heading b4 I create it,

Your call Joshua since you asked for it

Title - Korean Peninsula

Description - With wide variations in water temperature, current, and clarity, the Korean peninsula has something for everyone, and is the perfect place to develop new skills while enjoying wrecks, soft corals, octopuses, and schools of fish.

Additional request -
Because there are very few English language resources about dive sites, I was hoping to pin a thread in this forum where people could add English resources for dive sites, along with maps and short descriptions. Would this be possible?

Everyone, I am so proud that we were able to make this happen! Don't stop posting! Let's keep it active, with lots of information about places to dive, to buy gear, groups, etc.

Yes, as @joshua.d.vise posted, Good Diver is the best one for English speaking Guides.

Title - Korean Peninsula

Description - With wide variations in water temperature, current, and clarity, the Korean peninsula has something for everyone, and is the perfect place to develop new skills while enjoying wrecks, soft corals, octopuses, and schools of fish.

Additional request -
Because there are very few English language resources about dive sites, I was hoping to pin a thread in this forum where people could add English resources for dive sites, along with maps and short descriptions. Would this be possible?

Everyone, I am so proud that we were able to make this happen! Don't stop posting! Let's keep it active, with lots of information about places to dive, to buy gear, groups, etc.
What about ROK Divers for a title for the thread? Honestly, there isn't going to be any recreational diving in North Korea, until there is regime change or KJU comes around and decides that he wants his country to prosper. I've had some friends ask about that (from Australia) when they visited N. Korea, and they were told it's not possible. So, the world knows that when Divers talk about Scuba Diving in "Korea", we all mean South, Korea.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom