Just got back from the driving range and...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Golf is a fun sport getting around the windmills and Goofy's tail by Mickey and then in the hole.

Bubble Junky:
Yeah, but you get to wear these........

yhst-93718217242612_1961_703496

Hey, those are cool. Think I'll get a pair to fit over my wetsuit, and dive in them. I ll definitely be recognizable as a Dork Diver then!

:dork2:

SNorman:
Maybe golf & SCUBA go together well because that way you can always retrieve your clubs, no matter *where* you might throw them?? :)

Climbing trees helps too. I watched a man throw his putter into the woods and stick about 25 feet up in a tree.

Bubble Junky:
Yeah, but you get to wear these........

yhst-93718217242612_1961_703496

Call that stylish golfing attire?...Pah!

THIS is what golfers at the cutting edge are wearing...
golfknicker-com_1956_3849470

boulderjohn:
Hank49:
Some other famous world leader once said, "golf is a nice walk spoiled" or something like that. :D
Actually, it was Mark Twain, but close enough.
And actually, it was "Golf is a good walk spoiled." :D

Personally, I look at the ball-and-stick golfers on the adjacent course as I'm having a great time disc golfing at Greenwood here in Baton Rouge, and I feel sorry for them. If nothing else, disc golf is better than golf because you're *supposed* to throw things. :biggrin:

The only problem I haven't figured out is how to take both the dive gear and the clubs on the same vacation. I'm thinking for Thanksgiving of shipping the clubs and carrying the dive gear.

Same problem here; you have to rent or borrow clubs, and rent wetsuit, weights, and tanks at destination; otherwise, your sports gear will weigh more than you do, and you'll never get below the 50lbs per bag "free" limit.

I cheat on this by visiting friends who have extra clubs, since whose clubs I'm hitting makes little difference (yet another advantage of stinking at golf!)

nolatom:
The only problem I haven't figured out is how to take both the dive gear and the clubs on the same vacation. I'm thinking for Thanksgiving of shipping the clubs and carrying the dive gear.

Most airlines consider a golf bag one piece of luggage. Ever seen one of those huge "Staff" golf bags? You could probably pack everything essential for both sports in one of those.

Which part of golfing exactly do you refer to? The "driving-around-in-a-funny-little-cart" part or the "pulling-the-silly-little-mitten-over-the-club" part?

:rofl3:

Seriously, when it comes to acitivities involving physical exercise, I'm not sure comparing diving and golfing make a better comparison than, say, darts and poker...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom