Nauticam vs Isotta Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

noserider

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Trying to firm a new set up for an upgrade from a tg-6, have short listed either an Isotta or Nauticam housing that I will build a rig around and it would be great if I can get some real world feedback from users on both housings

Isotta Advantages / disadvantages
  • Cheaper Cost
  • User serviceability
  • Appearance - the red case look cool
  • Italian Engineering
  • Less second hand accessories available
  • Smaller range
Nauticam advantages / disadvantages
  • Larger company
  • Larger range
  • More second hand accessories available and they hold their prices
  • Wider range of accessories
  • Significantly more expensive
  • servicing could be harder
  • Larger dealer network
I am erring towards Isotta however should I just pay up and get a nauticam system, I am conscious that once I go down a housing route I will probably be ties to that system for the rest of diving career

a lot depends on the camera in terms of price and port availability.
I have had both, and if you buy from someone like Backscatter the service bit should be the same.
Bill

Thanks Bill, price of isotta is substantially cheaper and port availability looks ok. Overall it looks like over £1000 cheaper for Dome, vacuum, trigger and housing including flights to Europe to pick it up

I know a few folks with Isotta housings and they love them.

Basically a Ferrari Italian aluminum housing for less than Nauticam! Maybe even like a "budget" SUBAL / SEACAM type housing which have less levers, springs, etc. used by many UW photographers for decades.

One other choice the OP should consider is Marelux but I don't see what camera they're looking to house. Marelux is all in with mirrorless camera housings, no dSLR models......

DH

Camera is still under debate, but probably either a Sony 6600 / 6700 or Olympus om-1

I know a few folks with Isotta housings and they love them.
I had a tank dropped on mine. It was a solid thwack. No leaks and everything worked. The shutter was a bit stiff, but Backscatter just fixed it.
Unfortunately I would need to pay duty and shipping from backscatter unless I can get a trip to the USA
Well, now you have an excuse! California diving is as unique as it is awesome. A bit chilly, unlike my Florida.

I had a tank dropped on mine. It was a solid thwack. No leaks and everything worked. The shutter was a bit stiff, but Backscatter just fixed it.

Well, now you have an excuse! California diving is as unique as it is awesome. A bit chilly, unlike my Florida.
I would love to dive in California but would need to go in incognito as the punters from the pub might take a contract out on if they know I am in their manor

Back
Top Bottom