Just got back from the driving range and...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Golf creates a vacuum !!!

Nice euphamism, no ????

Actually, I do enjoy it. But, by God, it is frustrating !!!!

That's why I don't take it seriously. Besides, nowadays, it costs more than diving.

the greens K-eeper

President Taft once said that "When you play golf, you can think of nothing else". That is a lot like diving.

I took up both at around the same time (around age 50).

Both are fun. The main difference is, if you stink at golf, it's funny (if you have the right attitude and don't beat yourself up about it), and harmless.

If you stink at diving, it's neither of the above things.

Stu S.:
President Taft once said that "When you play golf, you can think of nothing else". That is a lot like diving.

Some other famous world leader once said, "golf is a nice walk spoiled" or something like that. :D

nolatom had my thoughts exactly. If I am having a bad round of golf or an equipment failure its no big deal. Having a bad dive or equipment failure in diving can be fatal.

The only problem I haven't figured out is how to take both the dive gear and the clubs on the same vacation. I'm thinking for Thanksgiving of shipping the clubs and carrying the dive gear.

Although I managed to take the dive gear and ski gear on a trip last year to the Homestead Crater to Midway, UT.

SNorman:
Golf is harder than SCUBA diving
Yeah, but you get to wear these........

yhst-93718217242612_1961_703496

Hank49:
Some other famous world leader once said, "golf is a nice walk spoiled" or something like that. :D

Actually, it was Mark Twain, but close enough.

The difference between golf and scuba is the predictability factor. In scuba, if you are properly trained and do the things you are taught to do the way you are taught to do it, you should get the results you expect.

With golf....

A week ago I was on a golf outing with my wife and our friends, playing a couple of courses over the weekend. Because I have not been playing much for the past year, and because we were playing very challenging Colorado mountain courses, I was even worse than normal, and normal can be ugly. I stood on the tee of a 159 yard par three, beset by gusty winds, and had no idea what to do. I selected an 8-iron, lofted it into the winds, and watched as it dropped near the hole and rolled slowly in.

So I finally have my first hole-in-one, and I have to display a card that shows a 1 surrounded by ugliness.

Unpredictable.

Maybe golf & SCUBA go together well because that way you can always retrieve your clubs, no matter *where* you might throw them?? :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom