Just Conversation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

denisegg:
And you will need to be talking to Clay about diving when it is cold....he is the resident expert on that

The last time I dove BlueWater the water temp was 57F but the air temp was 40F with a 10mph wind. Kind of reminded me of a Seinfeld episode...but I'm not saying which one. Anyway the 1st or 2nd weekend in Feb might work. Besides diving, I'd also get a chance to meet some new SB folks.

Clay, Luster & I are probably going to be there this weekend 1/13/07, weather permitting. :D

This may be the last window of opportunity for a while as far as air temps go. There is a warming trend this week and it's suppossed to be 73F in Pelham on Saturday.
There is a slight 30% chance of rain forecasted as light shattered showers, which we've all agreed we can deal with as long as it's not a constant downpour. Thunderstorms forecasted for Sunday so hopefully they won't get here early.

Why don't you guys join us? Dive now while you have the chance.

I'm pretty sure the first weekend of February is no good for me too.
I think I'm in San Diego again, but the second weekend might work.

As far as dining, I usually dive from dawn till dusk and snack in between. We can make an exception, but the food had better be good. There's a nice looking mexican place that I've been wanting to try right on the main highway. It looks kinda new. There's a handful of other places there too. Probably could make 3 dives instead of our usual 4 or 5, finish up early then go eat.

You know, I think they have some grills setup there or at least a grill. I like the idea of cooking out if it isn't rainy. You know, light the grill, dive, surface and the coals are ready. Actually, whoever gets cold first has to cook. . . :rofl3: Only problem is it's not good to eat greasy stuff and dive, but we could do chicken & hot dogs as oppossed to hamburgers. Just a thought.

Can't make the 13th. Yall have fun! Tell me what highway the Mexican place was on and I'll give you a review.
Howard

I'd like to go on the 13th but I'll be south of Birmingham in Perry County that day and the 27th is probably out also. I'll just have to hope that there will be a nice weekend in Feb. In March I'll probably head down to Morrision to dive and Sally's to eat.

CorallineDream:
Clay, Luster & I are probably going to be there this weekend 1/13/07, weather permitting. :D

Actually, whoever gets cold first has to cook. . . :rofl3: Only problem is it's not good to eat greasy stuff and dive, but we could do chicken & hot dogs as oppossed to hamburgers. Just a thought.

Now Clay, You KNOW I didn't do it this time....Cameron did......but you are probably a good cook right??:D

You guys <whine><whine>
I am already diving the 13th at Cypress!! We've got canoes and everything....and I rented Deliverance just for the occasion (per Brandy it was a must see before the trip)
What about February 10th, do you want to try and shoot for that date if weather permits?

Help. I'm stuck in Gulfport Mississippi and bored out of my mind. Somebody entertain me! Nothing on TV. Only you guys for outside contact. HELP! Let's talk about my trip to Belize on March 17th. Anybody want to go?

Donna!!
Tell me all about it, I'm listening.....I'll be head high in tax returns by then but ...at least I can live vicariously through your excursions!!

Also, I've been meaning to tell you, Scubakris has been checking out your avatar in the LocalDiveGroup thread.....you might be wantin to get with him on that

He is only interested in my fish! My boat is cute too! Wish he was checking out the legs:eyebrow: Never happens to me:(

Are you planning on the Jan 21 spero event?

denisegg:
You guys <whine><whine>
I am already diving the 13th at Cypress!! We've got canoes and everything....and I rented Deliverance just for the occasion (per Brandy it was a must see before the trip)
What about February 10th, do you want to try and shoot for that date if weather permits?

I am game for the 10th. I'll be down there anyway for reserve duty. If I can't break away in the afternoon, then I can at least have dinner.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom