Just Conversation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

philmottrek99and02:
You are too kind. Yep that is me back this past July. Yes, I do rocket stuff as a lot of folks in Huntsville do. Don't know how I got so smart, just lucky I guess.
Howard

Howard,
Now that I have met you face to face(or pic to pic) you must tell me what your scubaboard name means...is that some kind of secret government code for a covert operative mission that you head up on some remote deserted tropical island where the air and water temp are always in the 70's, vis is 100+, and you have a private jet waiting to whisk you (and dive buddies of your choice:blinking: ) away at a moment's notice?

(Denise is patiently awaiting Howard's response with fingers crossed)(as if Denise could ever be patient)

Actually it means I went to Philmont Scout Ranch in 1999 and 2002. Beautiful place in NE New Mexico. I do have a buddy building a plane in his garage so we can fly down and go diving.

Howard

Howard in a plane that was built in a garage flying to NE New Mexico to go diving...doesn't exactly sound secretive and covert...or safe....hmmmm...I'm thinking.........let me think about it and I will get back with you:D

denisegg:
Brandy,
Are we actually going to get to go diving next weekend? Even if we do have to do it from a canoe?

(yes, the rest of you heard correctly...a canoe....but I'm not going to explain:D )
Thanks, cant have brains and beauty.

denisegg:
Howard in a plane that was built in a garage flying to NE New Mexico to go diving...doesn't exactly sound secretive and covert...or safe....hmmmm...I'm thinking.........let me think about it and I will get back with you:D

Secretive yes we even have call signs. No one will ever know, steathy and stuff like that. We have orders in for our Omega watches. Can we borrow the Austin?

Perhaps I was misleading, we would fly down the the Gulf coast for diving

Howard

BRANDY:
Thanks, cant have brains and beauty.

Now Brandy, you know it takes brains to have beauty:D

philmottrek99and02:
Secretive yes we even have call signs. No one will ever know, steathy and stuff like that. We have orders in for our Omega watches. Can we borrow the Austin?

Perhaps I was misleading, we would fly down the the Gulf coast for diving

Howard

Now Howard,
I can do mysterious and secretive...just make sure diving is included:D

denisegg:
How did things go? I can't wait to hear about your diving!! It's like a whole other ocean over there!!:D ( I know it is lame, but I am still recovering from being sick...)

Things finally calmed down enough on Sunday. Someone put me in touch with the local shore diving guru's here and I was able to dive La Jolla Shores with them today. Conditions weren't fantastic but I met a really great group of locals that I can dive with now on future trips.

The weather outside was the typical San Diego winter day. About 72F outside.
Water temps were about 58F on the surface and 52F down around 60 feet. I felt right at home. :D Lots of dry suits here. The water doesn't get very warm here even in the summer. Most folks who dive wet wear a 7mm year round.

Next time I'm hoping to get on a boat and take the tour of Wreck Alley.

CorallineDream:
Things finally calmed down enough on Sunday. Someone put me in touch with the local shore diving guru's here and I was able to dive La Jolla Shores with them today. Conditions weren't fantastic but I met a really great group of locals that I can dive with now on future trips.

The weather outside was the typical San Diego winter day. About 72F outside.
Water temps were about 58F on the surface and 52F down around 60 feet. I felt right at home. :D Lots of dry suits here. The water doesn't get very warm here even in the summer. Most folks who dive wet wear a 7mm year round.

Next time I'm hoping to get on a boat and take the tour of Wreck Alley.

At least you got to get wet.

Back
Top Bottom