Just Conversation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snepdiver:
At least you got to get wet.

Such words of poetic wisdom and inspiration can only come from the mouth of Clay:D

CorallineDream
Hey Cameron,
Did you get to work on your advanced certification while you in San Diego or did the weather interfere with it?

Unfortunately, the instructor I was going to work with had the flu earlier in the week, plus the boats weren't running Saturday due to conditions. We were planning to dive Wreck Alley and do The Yukon, a 366 Foot Canadian Destroyer at 105' max depth. We could have gone Sunday but the boat didn't leave till 1pm which didn't leave enough of a surface interval before flying home today. So, I met up with the locals early in the morning and did some shore diving which left enough SI time.

The way I look at it, I'm always working on getting more advanced.
With the amount of diving I've been doing, I may well be advanced before I get to take the next class...LOL Experience is the best teacher anyway. I'm not saying it's a substitute for proper training, but a great deal of learning how to dive involves actually diving! A Deep Dive & Night Dive are the two things I want to get out of the advanced class. Most all of the other stuff I can get on my own, but I'd like to have an instructor or someone trained in rescue present before I experience depths beyond 80' where narcosis generally becomes more pronounced...

Cameron,
Sorry your plans got bummed. I had the flu last week. That was sure a bummer. I am back at work today but still a bit tired. And shore conditions, I know how that is too. That messed up our diving on the 30th, but we still had a blast at Tacky Jacks. It's great that you at least got in some shore diving with the locals. And as far as becoming more advanced, I agree with you experience makes alot of difference. I still need alot of that.
As far as narcosis goes, if I have ever gotten it, I couldn't tell the difference from my usual behaviour:D

Hey Cameron and Clay,
Howard tells me that he is suppose to be in Pelham the 1st Saturday of February. How does that look for you guys to go to Bluewater? And remember, I do "Dive n Dine", so you guys are going to have to feed me this time:)

Well I got my reg back from its yearly check-up and I need to give it a good shake down (that is besides using it in the tub :D ). Anyone interested in a Bluewater dive around the end of January or first of February?

Um Rocketman, Look right above you!!! So I see you are at work and sleeping on the job again:sleeping: ........Wake Up!!:whack:

denisegg:
Um Rocketman, Look right above you!!! So I see you are at work and sleeping on the job again:sleeping: ........Wake Up!!:whack:

Well shut my mouth. I always seem to leap before looking so why shouldn't I post before reading. I might be able to pop down for a quick dive or two then. That is if the air temp isn't too cold. I dive wet but I don't mind the cool water temps. It's the cold air temps during the surface interval that get to me.

Denise,
Change that to the 2d weekend in February. I think that is the 10th. I might have more flexibility that weekend. As far as the dine part, I can recommend a nice Cajun place not too far away or there are also wings and brew places.
Howard

denisegg:
Hey Cameron and Clay,
Howard tells me that he is suppose to be in Pelham the 1st Saturday of February. How does that look for you guys to go to Bluewater? And remember, I do "Dive n Dine", so you guys are going to have to feed me this time:)

RocketMan:
I might be able to pop down for a quick dive or two then. That is if the air temp isn't too cold. I dive wet but I don't mind the cool water temps. It's the cold air temps during the surface interval that get to me.

Bluewater Update:
Howard has changed the date to the 2nd weekend in February, the 10th.

And you will need to be talking to Clay about diving when it is cold....he is the resident expert on that:shakehead (Now you see Clay, I didn't bring it up this time, someone else did):D

Back
Top Bottom