Jupiter Shark Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brian Gronberg

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Met up with BCollins4 (Benny) for a 3-tank Shark dive yesterday with Emerald Charters. The weather was fantastic and visibility was great on the 2nd and 3rd dives. Lots of lemons and bonus Goliath Groupers near the Bonaire wreck.

Here is a highlight video.

Benny - hope to dive with you again soon!!

Nice " FaceTime " !! Josh and Roger do a great job. I've been down in the sand so much that sometimes now I'll sit on the bow and get a wide-downward picture or get 30ft above the sand to get an " overall " picture.

Excellent Video !!

Glad you had a good time diving with the lemons.

Yeah, it was great and look forward to the next trip.

Nice " FaceTime " !! Josh and Roger do a great job. I've been down in the sand so much that sometimes now I'll sit on the bow and get a wide-downward picture or get 30ft above the sand to get an " overall " picture.

Excellent Video !!
Thank you! Yeah, it started slow on the first dive down to 103', then had a pair of silkies come in for a while. The second and third dive at the Bonaire was a trip. The best part was the safety stop at 15-20' surrounded by lemons cruising in and out of our group. Loved every minute with them.

Are full wetsuits required?

Lots of kneeling in the sand to keep position and not fin the bottom for backscatter in the photos for others.
Though not required, it's a good idea. Plus I start to get chilled if I'm almost motionless for 40 minutes. YMMV..

badass video dude, I'm actually doing that same dive next month. do they require you to have any equipment in particular? I remember to have read another poster say that they require you to have your own SMB but I can't find that post anywhere.

You're going to want a personal SMB regardless; Jupiter diving is drift diving, often rather deep, with the group being followed by a boat. Now introduce the distracting drama of shark feeding, with a number of sharks milling about.

When I went, full wetsuit was required; if you're bald wear a hood. Gloves required. You don't want body parts to look like a hunk of white fish meat, if I understand correctly. Stay away from brightly colored gear, though a yellow octo/octo hose seems okay.

Richard.

Yes, full wetsuit. No bright colors (yellow, white etc.) and hood and gloves are required.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom