Jupiter Diving in 2009 - Ongoing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am a big fan of Jupiter Dive Center. I was just there on Sat. I am free that weekend so I may make it down. Not sure if it will be Sunday or Monday though. Any suggestions?

If you're talking about this upcoming weekend, Jan. 17-19, there will be some of us diving all three days, so Sunday OR Monday will both be good days (why not do both? :eyebrow: )

If you're talking about the weekend of Feb. 21 and 22, there are at least 5 of us so far who are going out Sat. and Sun., but Monday the 23rd is a workday for me and fly home day for those who are coming from out of state, so Sunday would be better if you want to dive with us.

The Lemon Sharks are showing up.

Four weeks to go! All my plans are in place. I have received the Nitrox training materials from JDC and have completed the book. Now I need to go back through it a couple of times and do some practice problems.

Jupitermermaid, how are we looking for a group dive on Sat and Sun?

Can't wait to meet everyone! Really looking forward to this!!!

I believe we have enough people interested to get a group rate for both days. Will firm it up as time gets closer, as locals don't plan too far in advance this time of year. Since the lemons are arriving, though, the boats will fill up fast. I have the two friends coming down from up north, and others have indicated they're interested, so there should be no problem with having a fun SB group together while you're here.

Anyone else want to commit to ensure getting the SB discount rate for Feb. 21 and/or 22?

Several of us went out this past Monday with JDC and saw a bunch of bull sharks that were very friendly, some turtles that hung out with us, and as a bonus a pod of dolphin breached on our way back to the dock. Some saw some lemon sharks, but my buddy and I weren't among those fortunate enough to see them. Ssharks is fantastic for spotting any of the pelagics, so if there's any to see, he'll spot them!

Dove with JDC on Tuesday and took my camera along, got my first octo pic :eek:ctopus:!!!
As usual, the reefs were loaded with lobster, sharks, turtles, and all kinds fish (big and small) I don't know the names of.

IMG_05942.JPG

IMG_06151.JPG

IMG_05874.JPG

IMG_06092.JPG

IMG_06061.JPG

IMG_05751.JPG

Thanks to JDC for a spectacular dive!!!

p.s. Hello Sandy, nice to dive with you again...

Regards,
Chris

Chris, great shots! Thanks for sharing them. I realize you couldn't take any on Mon. since you were working, but it was fun diving with you, as always! Look forward to the next time! Where did you find the octo? I usually don't see any in deep waters.

Wow these pictures are great! I will be bringing my new camera and will try to get some pics too. I hope they turn out half as good as yours, Chris!

To all on the Monday and Tuesday JDC trips - thanks. I had a great time. Sandy - it was nice to meet you. Chris - I am sad that I ran out of bottom time and missed the Octopus on Tuesday. I hope to bring my family back soon. NJMike - make sure that you are EAN certified. It extends the bottom time alot. JDC also has larger tanks that worked great for me (a bit of an air hog!). Great crew - on Tuesday I dove with two divemasters! Sandy - good luck finishing up your DM.

Bob

Thanks, sunapeebob. I am taking the nitrox course with JDC prior to the dives. Fortunately, my SAC is not too bad (.7). I plan on using the larger tank anyway since it's closer to the weight of my steel 120.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom