Jupiter Dive Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hope no one was planning on diving today. Nasty!!

1681217602869.png

West Palm is flooded out. That beach is gone.
The search for VIZ starts saturday........

View attachment 778587

Yuck!! I was going to be diving this coming weekend and thankfully had to change plans. I'm now diving 4/22-23. Hopefully the viz will have recovered by then. We shall see.

I flew out of PBI yesterday and flew right over Juno Beach. 6-7 rows of breaking waves on the beach but real nice, pretty blue water just offshore. Hopefully that east wind is blowing clean water inshore. I’m planning to dive this weekend. Will report what I see (or don’t see).

Sunday 4/16/2023 - conditions were excellent today off Jupiter. Calm seas, 80 feet of viz, light N current, and 78 degree water temp. It’s almost like it didn’t rain for 4 days straight. Dove Area 51 and Kirle’s, east of the main ledge both times looking for lionfish. Not many lionfish but plenty of bugs waiting for mini season. Great dives. Heard reports all up and down PBC that conditions were great this weekend.

..80 feet of viz, light N current, and 78 degree water temp. ..
Thanks for the conditions report!!. I was going to dive tomorrow, but got called for a wednesday springs dive. 3 very approachable hammerheads at one time reported on the wreck trek this morning in crystal clear photography conditions.

Sunday 4/16/2023 - conditions were excellent today off Jupiter. Calm seas, 80 feet of viz, light N current, and 78 degree water temp. It’s almost like it didn’t rain for 4 days straight. Dove Area 51 and Kirle’s, east of the main ledge both times looking for lionfish. Not many lionfish but plenty of bugs waiting for mini season. Great dives. Heard reports all up and down PBC that conditions were great this weekend.

I was pleasantly surprised to see how quickly the water cleared up. Glad to see you had such a good day on & under the water!

I'm now diving 4/22-23. Hopefully the viz will have recovered by then. We shall see.
Just called JDC and I'm on your Sunday 23rd R7 boat. Since almost all the fish are closed season now, I'm bringing my other 'point & shoot' > Cannon G10 w/single strobe. Combined with a mini Akaso video mounted on the arm.....maybe get a few keeper photos if the viz is blue. Then run back to Orlando to watch the Talladega wreck-fest Nascar race. It's going to be a fun Sunday !!

Just called JDC and I'm on your Sunday 23rd R7 boat. Since almost all the fish are closed season now, I'm bringing my other 'point & shoot' > Cannon G10 w/single strobe. Combined with a mini Akaso video mounted on the arm.....maybe get a few keeper photos if the viz is blue. Then run back to Orlando to watch the Talladega wreck-fest Nascar race. It's going to be a fun Sunday !!

I'm honestly not sure which boat I'm on for Sunday morning ... R4 or R7? Conditions for both Sat and Sun are now looking pretty decent. Looking forward to blowing some bubbles!!

I went in and checked. I'm on R7 as well!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom